My Stack of books

  • snowie_10024
    Message 1 of 31 , Feb 20, 2003
      --- In fantasyfictiondungeon@yahoogroups.com, "Matt <gauvaine@y...>"
      <gauvaine@y...> wrote:
      > Has anyone been reading anything at all? What does your stack of
      > books to read look like?
      >

      > Matt

      I have to say yes I've been reading, though sadly not as much as I'd
      like to lately. Currently I'm reading the first book in the Memory,
      Sorrow, and Thorn Series by Williams. The first time I tried to read
      Stone of Farwell I just couldn't get into it, but this time something
      is different and I'm really enjoying it. Before that I read the first
      book in the Black Jewels series by Bishop. I was totally blown away
      by that book and I would have finished the series but I checked the
      book out of the library and the other two books in the trilogy
      weren't available when I returned Daughter of the Blood. As to what's
      in my to be read pile there are so many books I can't list them all.
      We have two full sized bookshelves filled two deep with books that
      mostly haven't been read yet. I've tried to institute a no buying
      until we've read what we've got policy but that hasn't worked so
      far. :)
    • admin
      Message 31 of 31 , Aug 19, 2004
        >I've waited too long for him to get off his duffer and
        >write this series again.

        I thought the second was better than the first, story-wise, but hideously overwritten.

        >Or Terry Brooks writing a new Landover novel and getting away from
        >these regurgitated Shannara books he's been cranking out the last 4
        >years.

        I'd rather see another Knight of the Word book.

        Marc Vun Kannon

        http://www.marcvunkannon.com
        http://www.echelonpress.com

        Unbinding the Stone--making lemonade from fantasy lemons!
        'Chasing His Own Tale'--Don't mess with the Damsel in Distress!