  • cduisnellan
    Message 1 of 31 , Feb 19 8:30 PM
      --- In fantasyfictiondungeon@yahoogroups.com, "Matt <gauvaine@y...>"
      <gauvaine@y...> wrote:
      > Has anyone been reading anything at all? What does your stack of
      > books to read look like?
      >

      > Matt

      Hey Matt ;)

      indeedily do! I have been reading! Flat out... haha.. actually no,
      I've been flat out drawing fantasy art for an RPG group that I am
      with, the Wizard Grove :)

      The latest book I just finished reading was only 406pages long, and
      quite well done. It was Lady Knight, Bk 4 of Protector of the Small
      by Tamora Pierce.
      But the day before that I was just finishing the last 100 odd pages
      of an 850page book called "Child of Flame" Volume 4 of Crown of
      Stars, by Kate Elliott.
      Yet another brilliant book, but its not ended terribly well as it
      has left so many things unanswered its not funny. I don't know yet
      if there is a volume 5.
      So far I have only read 7 books this year... but the year is
      young :P and I still have time.
      I have another 4 books on my floor waiting for readage, and another
      10 or so on my book case. However, I am going to have to pack those
      ones due to shifting soon... *sigh*

      One I am looking forward to is Stormrider by David Gemmell and the
      two latest by enigma Robert Holdstock, Celtika and The Iron Grail
      (books 1 and 2 of the Merlin Codex)

      I have some packing to do... but has anyone read anything stunningly
      interesting of late?

      Take care!
      Byee
    • admin
      Message 31 of 31 , Aug 19, 2004
        >I've waited too long for him to get off his duffer and
        >write this series again.

        I thought the second was better than the first, story-wise, but hideously overwritten.

        >Or Terry Brooks writing a new Landover novel and getting away from
        >these regurgitated Shannara books he's been cranking out the last 4
        >years.

        I'd rather see another Knight of the Word book.

        Marc Vun Kannon

        http://www.marcvunkannon.com
        http://www.echelonpress.com

        Unbinding the Stone--making lemonade from fantasy lemons!
        'Chasing His Own Tale'--Don't mess with the Damsel in Distress!