  • Matt <gauvaine@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 19, 2003
      Watching the Battlestar Galactica marathon on Scifi, what was your
      favorite episode, if you had one? Why?

      Looking back, i think the one with Starbuck's Father, played by Fred
      Astaire, was the best. Not very action oriented, but a good storyline.

      Questions or comments?

      Matt
    • wildfire50uk
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 19, 2003
        --- In fantasyfictiondungeon@yahoogroups.com, "Matt <gauvaine@y...>"
        <gauvaine@y...> wrote:
        > Watching the Battlestar Galactica marathon on Scifi, what was your
        > favorite episode, if you had one? Why?
        >
        > Looking back, i think the one with Starbuck's Father, played by
        Fred
        > Astaire, was the best. Not very action oriented, but a good
        storyline.

        > Questions or comments?
        >

        > Matt

        Im not sure really,there were some i liked a lot but most of the time
        i thought it was pretty dire and i tended to nitpick some of the
        stupider plots
        for instance i couldnt figure out why they didnt just arm the rest of
        the ships and if the point of it all was to find Earth and get help
        why didny they stop at that Earth like planet they found that already
        had Starships
        There were some episodes though that were great and i really enjoyed
        the pilot film
        Wildfire
      • Matt <gauvaine@yahoo.com>
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 19, 2003
          As space opera, it hit its mark . . . as far as the science fiction
          elements, it had alot to be desired. If would be a good take on
          things if they took some of David Drake or David Weber's military
          scifi and tried to mix that in.

          Now that i think about it, the fleet/people were living under martial
          law, dictated by the Council they had on there, but not really,
          because they were always in trouble. You would think that eventually,
          there would be some safe sector of space in which they could refit
          and rebuild, not necessarily Earth. I can't believe every parsec of
          space was controlled by the Cylons. THey were bound to run into
          people who wouldn't like the Cylons intruding into their space, like
          in Star Trek, who has the Romulans, Klingons, Cadassians, Ferengi,
          etc constantly causing problems.

          They never gave an explanation, really, as to why they were being
          hounded and chased beyond the fact they were organic and the Cylons
          were machine.