Yahoo Groups Fee for Service - Survey Announced!

  • jpesk
    Message 1 of 2 , May 31 9:10 AM
      Folks.

      Yahoo is taking a survey, which is hints very strongly that the end
      is near for complementary service. What Yahoo seems to be proposing
      is a move to premium pay sites. If a group such as this were to
      remain free it would only have 5 MB of photo/file/archive, etc space
      instead of the current 50 MB we have now. Here is a link for the
      survey if you are interested in participating:

      http://sweepstakes.yahoo.com/groupspremiumsurvey2

      If you own/moderate a group you may want to copy this message and
      send it to your members. I do feel it is important we let Yahoo know
      what we want here. You also might want to let your own moderator or
      group owners know how important it is to keep a particular group
      going despite a possible fee. Perhaps it is something you can do
      without, perhaps not. Thanks in advance.
    • notallwhowander
      Message 2 of 2 , May 31 4:38 PM
        Yuck, just after they've done a major downgrade in the services here
        too.