Wizard of Oz (was:Re: [Fantasy Fiction Dungeon] Re: Lord of the Rings denied!)

  • oracle623
    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 1, 2002
      Interesting discussions here. I especially like the views on
      narcissicsm as they are related to fantasy villians.

      Diamond, I am unsure if you determined the exact political
      connotations of the Wizard of Oz (I've read and heard the same
      although I can not recall just who and what was compared to what and
      who!). Interestingly enough, there are a great deal of books out
      there that can be construed as having a political spin to them or as
      depicting something politically-related. I would just like to think
      of the Wizard of Oz as L. Frank Baum's nice little fairytale that was
      years ahead of it's time!

      Oracle

      --- In fantasyfictiondungeon@y..., "shipwreckmazuma"