Some good LOTR news for notall... (&u2)

  • b5fanatic
    Message 1 of 8165 , Jan 4, 2002
      Jackson confirmed that the Ents and Treebeard
      will be playing an important role in The Two Towers as
      in the book. Faramir, son of the Steward of Gondor,
      and his romance with Eowyn may also play a more
      emphasized part on-screen than in the book. It was also
      hinted that Arwen's character would appear briefly in
      the second movie, though she is not mentioned in the
      second book.<br><br>The film's principle actors may be
      returning to New Zealand in May and June for any necessary
      reshoots. There's no word yet on what parts might be added
      or modified.<br><br>And here's some good news for
      fans disappointed by some of FOTR's omissions: the
      DVD, being released later this year, should have an
      extra thirty to forty minutes of footage on it. The
      additions would include some much-needed interaction and
      development among the members of the Fellowship, an important
      aspect of the book that was weakly portrayed in the
      film. Another addition would include the sequence in
      which Gimli falls for Galadriel, a turning point for
      here:<br><a href=http://filmforce.ign.com/lotr/articles/317236p1.html target=new>http://filmforce.ign.com/lotr/articles/317236p1.html</a>
      Message 8165 of 8165 , Jan 24, 2007