light

  • brunhilda_bigbraides
    Message 1 of 8165 , Sep 2, 2001
      Jarve twisted the blade and raked it up through
      the woman's stomach until it grated on bone. <br> He
      was about to drag the blade free when pain shivered
      up his arm.<br> Looking down he gasped,light was
      seeping from the wound, coiling about his wrist. <br>He
      shoved her to the ground, all thoughts of rifling
      through her robes vanished. <br><br>The woman moaned and
      he looked at her, she was smiling. She mouthed the
      words "thank-you, you will remember this moment
      always...as will I." and she closed her eyes, peace masking
      her pale face.<br><br>Jarve dropped to his knees and
      dragged his bloodied hand across the grass, but the light
      kept snaking its way up his arm until it caressed his
      neck. <br><br>He hissed a prayer to the Goddess of
      Thieves, but the light maintained its steady
      progress.<br><br>He thought he could hear whispering and spun around.
      No one was there, only shadows. Deep quiet places of
      refuge. He leapt to his feet and raced for them. The
      haven of all thieves. <br><br>Jarve, groaned,
      whispers filled his mind. He cringed into the shadows,
      seeking their peace, his back pressed against the cold
      stone of the Ghostly Vine Tavern.<br><br> But the Light
      pulsed and hummed. <br><br>"NO!!!" Jarve screwed up his
      eyes and sobbed. <br>How was he to ride the shadows
      again like this.
      Message 8165 of 8165 , Jan 24, 2007