Sword of Shanarra by Terry Brooks

  • vladtheimpaler_68
    Message 1 of 8165 , Jul 1, 2000
      I thought the Shanarra Books were great. I don't
      belive that they were ever intended to be a Tolkien
      rip-off. Tolkien was set in an early age of man where
      magic and the fairie reigned over scienc. In Shanarra
      it was set after the fall of Industrial (modern man)
      and the return of the mystical... (almost coming full
      circle). And Sword was a literate reminder of the power of
      truth... it can banish the lies around us and the lies we
      surround ourselves in. The Series in my estimation only
      got better.. because like today, "those who do not
      remember history's mistakes are condemned to repeat them"
      is the message being sent...... which can often be
      seen around us in our world. I recommend re-reading
      the books from this perspective and I think you'll
      come to appreciate them a little differently. Any
      others out there who may have a different perspective I
      welcome your insights.. as I like to re-read my books to
      gain different views.
      Message 8165 of 8165 , Jan 24, 2007