Pern & Hercules

  • dragonmom3
    Message 1 of 8165 , Sep 7, 1999
      Everybody's right! The Pern series is what got me
      hooked on fantasy fiction, hence my name, Dragonmom3. I
      have most of the Pern books, I re-read them over and
      over. They are VERY real to me and, although I'm
      looking forward to the TV series, I also have some
      misgivings. There is no way, IMO, that any producer can
      duplicate the feelings that each of us has when we are
      reading our favorite book(s). The TV series does have one
      thing going for it: Anne McCaffrey, herself. I read
      somewhere (??) that she is taking an active part in the
      writing of the scripts. If this is true, Hooray!! I know
      deep in my heart, Anne would not disappoint
      us!<br><br>I admit Hercules held a special place in my heart,
      but I think it was mostly superficial, (Kevin Sorbo
      is HUNK). The series is supposed to funny, campy,
      goofy, even silly at times. It's entertainment, folks!
      The writers of this series were not trying to be
      accurate, although the series would probably be a lot
      better if they were.<br><br>That's it for now, lunch is
      almost over. Tomorrow is another day.<br><br>Zette
      Message 8165 of 8165 , Jan 24, 2007