In Legend Lands - Song of an Old Immortal (Dedicated to Robert E. Howard)

  • D X Stone
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 30, 2013
      In Legend Lands - Song of an Old Immortal
      (Dedicated to Robert E. Howard)

      The River Styx flows whispering;
      Its myst’ry-misted song to sing.
      Its waters, black as anthracite,
      Trailed sensuous tendrils to invite,
      Submerged my soul in darkest night—
      (My body it left free.)

      Ten thousand years I roamed this land;
      Imprudently I tasted life.
      And countless times I came to stand
      And watch dear friends return to sand;
      Watched them fall beneath the knife
      Of grave misfortune, age and strife.

      So on I wandered, friend to dread...

      read the rest at

      This poem was originally published in the January 1991 edition of Amazing Stories Magazine.