Any recommendations for reading this winter?

  • picabo_yve_2005
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 26, 2011
      Hi all, wanted to stop in and see the old homestead... looks pretty bleak at best at this time. I, like many of you, have been very busy with work, work and more work.. however, now my time is also filled with traveling around Europe. For those of you are unfamiliar, I am one of your moderators and one of the longest running members. I came into this group when it was a club at Yahoo that was started by Alan Moore. If you look way back in the history you will realize that that was long ago. :)

      Welcome to all the new members and greetings to all my old friends that may come back and visit now and again like me. I do miss the old days...Flash fiction writing exercises, fun daily chats.

      Gauvaine kept people engaged ... you are missed old friend, Wow.. Time really does fly by. Mousie, I am happy that I still get to see ya on FB from time to time.. best wishes!

      Those of you who have gotten published for the first time or on a new adventure.. congratulations! Marc.. that includes you.. and Noelle :)

      Ok nuff with that...now to the project at hand.

      I am ready to break open some literature and want to sink my teeth into something really good. I have the cool chill of German winter settling about me like an old blanket and hunkering in by a nice fire with a good story... the best way to spend a cold gray day.

      So.. I challenge you each to come up with your own top 5 books you recommend. I just visited a website that lists the best 25 fantasy books/series.. and I could not disagree with the bloke more on the majority of his recommendations that I have already read. But we all have different interests and likes. We certainly do not have to agree.. PLease think on it and post your list...

      Have a happy holiday season for those who celebrate this time of year that way.. for those who do not.. Have a wonderful winter season .

      Yvette (picabo_yve)