Re: Lord of the Rings/The Hobbit

  • Noelle Campbell
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 3, 2011
      I hated Tom Bombadil ... in fact, I couldn't stand Frodo at all. I think Peter
      Jackson did a good job. THink of what Bashki tried to do, and even he couldn't
      get it off the ground. I miss a lot of pieces from the book, but Jackson did
      great, made me actually like Frodo. I think Hobbit will be much easier to
      tackle and that Jackson is the best suited to tackle it.

      Are we coming back to life here? I have a short story that needs crits if so.

      Noelle

      1a. Re: Lord of the Rings/The Hobbit
      From: aidanlucid

      Message
      1a. Re: Lord of the Rings/The Hobbit
      Posted by: "aidanlucid" aidanlucid@... aidanlucid
      Date: Wed Feb 2, 2011 4:23 am ((PST))

      I can understand why a lot of people didn't like the fact that a lot of the
      scenes from the book were omitted but one has to understand that there can only
      be roughly 120 pages of a movie script, with each page representing a minute of
      screen time, so it's impossible to fit every scene into a movie. With that said,
      I look forward to seeing The Hobbit and feel that it will be a spectacular
      movie.

      Aidan Lucid
      Author of, "The Zargothian Tales: Return of the Son of Hamorin"
      www.wordtechs.com/ZTLucid.html

      View the book trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDfiyy-tDLg

      --- In fantasyfictiondungeon@yahoogroups.com, "Natascha" <fairynatb@...> wrote:

      > I don't think JRR Tolkien would have been impressed with the LoTR films as they
      >omitted a lot of scenes.
      > I quite liked Tom Bombadil myself as it was a part of the book that seemed
      >different than the rest. That of course is my humble opinion:)
      > As for The Hobbit film I look forward to seeing the killing of the dragon (even
      >if I don't like idea of killing anything or anyone) as the shooting seemed
      >particularly impressive in the book! Ideally I would like everything to be
      >included, which of course, is impossible so let's hope for the best!
      >
      > --- In fantasyfictiondungeon@yahoogroups.com, "loriejoel" <loriejoel@> wrote:
      > >
      > > As someone who grew up reading the books and hoping one day that someone
      >would adapt Tolkien's work into film (a sentiment Tolkien probably would not
      >have shared), I'm wondering how others reacted to the adaptation of the books
      >into film. Specifically, I would like to know the following:
      > >
      > > 1) Do you think Tolkien would have been impressed with the adaptation of THE
      >LORD OF THE RINGS to film?
      > >
      > > 2) The section of the book about Tom Bombadil was not included in the film.
      >Was this disappointing to you, or was it a distracting aside that was not
      >essential to the story?
      > >
      > > 3) Peter Jackson is directing an upcoming adaptation of THE HOBBIT. Which
      >scene are you particularly looking forward to seeing adapted to film from the
      >book? And, if you had to cut one scene out (i.e. Tom Bombadil, LOTR) what would
      >it be?
      > >
      > > Thanks...and have at it Tolkien fans!
      > >
      > > Joel

      Messages in this topic (4)