OK have finished Twilight and New Moon.. no spoilers

  • picabo_yve_2005
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 16, 2009
      Marcie I read twilight in less than 24 hours. New Moon took me more time because I have been busy and now I am on vacation. Let me know when you are done so we can chat.. I loved them both. I had been told that New Moon was the least liked of the 4 by several people but i actually enjoyed it. Happy reading!
    • Kitten
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 19, 2009
        Yvette

        Twilight took me a bit longer then that, and it was quite awhile ago that I read it. New Moon is at my desk and I'm hoping for a couple of days of nothing to do.

        Did you see Dennis in my friends list on Facebook?

        Marcie

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 24, 2009
          Yvette,

          Okay,I am done with Twilight and New Moon, and in a few days I should be done with The Name Of The Wind.

          Marcie

          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 28, 2009
            I just finished Eclipse and have left Name of the wind on the table yet to be finished in favor of the twilight series. I have really enjoyed the twilight series so far.

            I know that some people have picked it apart for character development etc. It is my true feeling that this is a teen romance written primarily for teens. Teenagers do not have the where with all for deep long character development. Heck, Jordan (God rest his soul)had years and mulitple books and still had some of the worse character development issues I have ever read.

            Bottom line is the storyline is good esp for a quick read. The development is good enough to keep my attention, finishing each book in less that 2 days with my work schedule.

            Now,I have not read the vampire diaries to comparenor have I watched any of the new vampire shows like True Blood etc. Stephanie Meyer's approach to vampire/werewolf cultures both are fresh and attractive compared to the typical cliche's.

            Originality is hard to come by with many novels these days. Many fantasy writers copycat write the premise of LOTR as a basic blueprint for their story. Almost any novel that challenges good vs evil can be subject to "unoriginality" accusations from readers because they read someone else's book that had a similar background or storyline. Most good vs evil end with good winning out.... that is what readers want.

            I have found it difficult over the last few years for a writer to hold my attention. Though I am not a teen.. I have a busy lifestyle that does not allow me the luxury of deep introspective heavy novels...they have bored me. Twilight served to give me a fresh story that kept my attention. SO Miss Meyer has done something right ...for the likes of me.