Re: What I am currently reading.. want to read along?

  • Kirk
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 2, 2009
      I have this at home and can try reading it with you, Yve. Along with 300 other books.

      --- In fantasyfictiondungeon@yahoogroups.com, "picabo_yve_2005" <yvette_n_chad@...> wrote:

      > I went to Borders and scanned the titles all down the aisles until a few bindings caught my eye....
      >
      > The Name of the Wind: by Patrick Rothfuss (Winner of the quil award)
      > I am only about 50 pages in but I do find myself enjoying the writing. I was also pleased to see that Tad Williams also gave it great reviews.
      >

      > Then, My co-workers convinced me to pick up Twilight. I must stay up with the times. I opened the book and read the first 3 pgs and fell asleep last night BUT I had worked hard all week and being on call, I got home late last night as well.... so NO it was not the writing that put the sand in my eyes. :)
      >
      > I also picked up:
      > Across the face of the world: by Russell Kirkpatrick I haven't read this one yet.
      >
      > If anyone would care to read any of these books along with me, feel free, i miss the old chats we used to have here so all are welcome to join me.

    • picabo_yve_2005
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 4, 2009
        Come on Matt, lets do it..read name ofhte Wind with me.
        See how far you get by this Sunday and I'll check back in..

        Noelle says it is worth the read... and so far I agree. I miss the old days of literature chat.It is rather masculine so far... only because there are so female characters yet... and I like it.

        --- In fantasyfictiondungeon@yahoogroups.com, "Kirk" <gauvaine@...> wrote:

        > I have this at home and can try reading it with you, Yve. Along with 300 other books.
        >
        > --- In fantasyfictiondungeon@yahoogroups.com, "picabo_yve_2005" <yvette_n_chad@> wrote:
        > >
        > > I went to Borders and scanned the titles all down the aisles until a few bindings caught my eye....
        > >
        > > The Name of the Wind: by Patrick Rothfuss (Winner of the quil award)
        > > I am only about 50 pages in but I do find myself enjoying the writing. I was also pleased to see that Tad Williams also gave it great reviews.
        > >

        > > Then, My co-workers convinced me to pick up Twilight. I must stay up with the times. I opened the book and read the first 3 pgs and fell asleep last night BUT I had worked hard all week and being on call, I got home late last night as well.... so NO it was not the writing that put the sand in my eyes. :)
        > >
        > > I also picked up:
        > > Across the face of the world: by Russell Kirkpatrick I haven't read this one yet.
        > >
        > > If anyone would care to read any of these books along with me, feel free, i miss the old chats we used to have here so all are welcome to join me.

      • Kitten
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 5, 2009
          Yvette,

          I will read along with you! I have read Twilight all the way thru, but didn't look at the others in the series. It took me too long to get thru it.

          I will pick up the other two books this weekend! I miss our chats too!

          Marcie

          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 5, 2009

            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 8, 2009
              That sounds great Marcie!!and I added you on facebook.. look for my friend request :)

              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 11, 2009
                Yvette,

                Have you added and have the book on the way so I can start reading it soon!

                Marcie

                Message 7 of 8 , Nov 16, 2009
                  Yvette,

                  I started the book on Friday and it is looking to be a great read.
                  Matt, your book pile sounds like mine, but I have had to resist buying a lot of books this year.

                  Marcie