Re: Hello and welcome from on old member and moderator who has been absent lately

  • picabo_yve_2005
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 31, 2009
      Hi Matt and Rachel! Congrats on the new baby!! and on your upcoming Masters! it is so nice to hear from you... I remember when you,me, Mousie, dwarf and a few others used to chat all the time. It is great to hear that things are going so well. :) Chad and I are still military and living busy lives. Still have my two cats, no kids and are expecting another move next summer... :) Miss ya bud!

      --- In fantasyfictiondungeon@yahoogroups.com, "Kirk" <gauvaine@...> wrote:

      > Sames goes for me, too, Yve. I'm finishing up my master's degree in public administration and we are expecting another baby on Nov 9th, so it has been keeping me pretty busy, with little time to keep the group active and going.
      >
      > HOpefully someone can get some dicussion going and get back to where we were when everyone was participating on a regular basis.
      >
      > Matt
      >
      > --- In fantasyfictiondungeon@yahoogroups.com, "picabo_yve_2005" <yvette_n_chad@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hello, I was looking over the site, I wish to welcome new members to the group, it has not been real active lately, it is an old group and many of our members like me are living very busy lives. I would love to see the group thrive again with fresh new faces and some of our older members. I have been on a long hiatus due to acquisition of my masters and now that that is complete, I can refocus my reading efforts on fun. Mark, congratulations on your book that came and out and the good reviews. The same goes for other authors who have found success.
      > >
      > > I am rereading the Memory, Sorrow and Thorn series by Tad Williams and am enjoying it.
      > >
      > > I hope to find new books to read that will reinspire my fantasy fiction roots again. I am not into vampireology too much yet. I am sure the twilight series is great and will eventually pick it up but I need something else to sink my teeth into now. I scan the titles at eh bookstaore every time i go in but have yet to be drawn to something in particular. I will not give up though, I will find something good soon.
      > >
      > > Again, welcome and hope all of you are doing well.

    • picabo_yve_2005
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 31, 2009
        Hi Marcie!! I do miss our chats but glad that all is going well for and Ben too. Hope ben gets his job back soon.. look me up on facebook it is the new "chat room" :)

        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 31, 2009
          Very cool Imadog! Thanks for posting that.. and neat that it was a bout moderators LOL.. welcome. Yvette