Re: [Fantasy Fiction Dungeon] When did Philip Jose Farmer pass away???

  • gauvaine@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 28, 2009
      He died on wednesday I believe. I had no idea he was as old as he was. 91 is well seasoned. He hadn't published anything new in a long time but Riverworld was one of my alltime favorite books. The concept in that series just blew me away and still is a grand thesis on culture, time, and mortality and what it means to be human. I highly recommend reading to your scattered bodies go to anyone wanting to write scifi or loves to read it.
      Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 28, 2009
        Hi Matt!! Boy it's beena long time.. how are you and your family
        doing? I know they keep you and Rachel busy.. Are you still
        writing?

        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 28, 2009
          I'm doing fine. I still monitor the group but don't have a lot of free time with work, kids, and I'm finishing up graduate school right now. Brainfry is definite. I still write but it is all lit reviews, papers, white papers and my thesis. Doesn't leave much creativity, unfortunately.
          Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 5, 2009
            me too Matt: work, work, grad school and life in general... :) I peek in once and a while. Good Luck and best wishes to you and your family. Yve