When did Philip Jose Farmer pass away???

    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 28, 2009
      I am getting more and more disappointed how long standing authors are
      barely mentionable in he media..
    • gauvaine@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 28, 2009
        He died on wednesday I believe. I had no idea he was as old as he was. 91 is well seasoned. He hadn't published anything new in a long time but Riverworld was one of my alltime favorite books. The concept in that series just blew me away and still is a grand thesis on culture, time, and mortality and what it means to be human. I highly recommend reading to your scattered bodies go to anyone wanting to write scifi or loves to read it.
        Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 28, 2009
          Hi Matt!! Boy it's beena long time.. how are you and your family
          doing? I know they keep you and Rachel busy.. Are you still
          writing?

          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 28, 2009
            I'm doing fine. I still monitor the group but don't have a lot of free time with work, kids, and I'm finishing up graduate school right now. Brainfry is definite. I still write but it is all lit reviews, papers, white papers and my thesis. Doesn't leave much creativity, unfortunately.
            Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 5 6:41 PM
              me too Matt: work, work, grad school and life in general... :) I peek in once and a while. Good Luck and best wishes to you and your family. Yve