Happy New Years

  • mouseymouseim
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 1, 2009
      Happy New Year's to everyone! Just a quick note to everyone to tell
      you how my year went!

      In May, Ben and I went on our honeymoon trip to Hawaii. We enjoyed
      the big Island and the Kona area. Every day we where able to get up
      early and enjoy the wildlife right outside our window. It rained a
      couple of times in the morning or late at night, and it was so
      peaceful. The temperatures were warm but nothing over 90 any one
      day. One day, close to the end of our rime there, we took our
      rental car around the south part of the island and explored Captain
      Cook's Monument, a couple of good black sand beaches. One in which
      we saw lots of water wildlife, including a beautiful sea turtle.
      Then we spent a few hours exploring the Kilauea Volcano and seeing
      it flow into the sea. The next night we went to a luau, in a
      neighboring hotel and had a blast watching all the different hula
      dances. Most of our time was spent swimming at the hotels pool or
      shopping, we actually had to buy another bag just to bring it all
      home! He tells me I spend too much, Ha ha

      The month of July was our busiest month all year. On the Fourth of
      July, Ben, Polly and I went on a road trip to Walla Walla, WA. I was
      finally able to see where Ben spent his early years. So we walked
      in the park, exploring most of the town just by walking around. I
      enjoyed it and all the wonderful sights by coming home along the
      Columbia River.

      I was blessed with two wonderful things. I received a job promotion
      within the Holland America Line, working in Key Accounts. I love it,
      very little phone work and a lot of administrative work to do
      everyday. Plus, I have a wonderful group of people that I work
      with. They have me laughing when I need a good laugh with all the
      jokes.

      On the same week that I was promoted, I took my planned trip to
      Fresno, California to visit friends and family. I spent most of time
      with Andie and the kids, taking all of them to the Santa Cruz Beach
      Boardwalk and then to the movies. I was able to see a new addition
      to the gang of friends, Shawn and his wife had a baby boy, Hayden.
      Plus I got the chance to meet a member of the extended family on my
      mother's side, Fred Wiest. It was fun and exciting spending time
      with all my friends that I miss everyday, since I moved here. I did
      miss seeing a few of them, and for that I'm truly sorry. I will
      come back again soon, as I have promised a few already, and
      hopefully not fly down like last time.

      July was also filled with some sorrow, for just about the time I
      went to Fresno, we found out that my aunt Betty (mom's side) was
      dying. My mom flew back around the end of the month and in the
      first week of August, Betty left us. She will be missed very much.
      My father flew back as soon as he could and my parents tried to
      enjoy a vacation that they had planned for awhile.

      August brought us more then one sorrow this year and my father also
      fell and broke his arm in Iowa at his brother's house. My cousin,
      Patty on my dad's side also left us quite suddenly. Plus, Ben left
      the post office near the end of the month due to cutbacks within the
      organization. The family as a whole still misses these two
      wonderful women. My father is healing nicely and Ben is much
      happier.

      September looked up for us when Ben got a job offer to Ingersoll-
      Rand working with winches and hoists, mostly hoists at the moment.
      He loves it and is looking into going back to school to become a
      machinist. Basically following Rocky in becoming a tool & die
      machinist, and we are very proud of him.

      October, we celebrated our second year anniversary by going to Port
      Townsend for the weekend. We walked around the shops and took long
      drives just to explore. We enjoyed a jazz dinner show and, as always
      fine food.
      Now here we are at the end of the year, and we have our first snow
      on the ground with the promise of some more coming later this week.
      Our Christmas tree is up and all decorated as well as the house. The
      only thing I am behind in is this again as with every year.

      I hope this letter finds everyone safe and well in both health and
      spirit. Have a very merry Christmas and a happy new year.
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 3, 2009
        Mousey!!! Happy New year!!
        I am so happy that you and Ben are both doing so well! Congrats to
        both of you on your new jobs/promotions.. :)

        Chad and I are fine, we are still in Illinois. We have another year
        and a half then we'll see where we will end up.

        I was deployed last year this time and the year before that I was in
        flight nursing school so chad was thrilled to have me home for
        holidays this year.

        I can't believe you have been married for 2 years!! Time has really
        flown. I wish you best for this new year...

        Yvette

        --- In fantasyfictiondungeon@yahoogroups.com, "mouseymouseim"
        <mouseymouseim@...> wrote:

> [...]
        > machinist, and we are very proud of him.
        >
        > October, we celebrated our second year anniversary by going to
        Port
        > Townsend for the weekend. We walked around the shops and took
        long
        > drives just to explore. We enjoyed a jazz dinner show and, as
        always
        > fine food.
        > Now here we are at the end of the year, and we have our first snow
        > on the ground with the promise of some more coming later this
        week.
        > Our Christmas tree is up and all decorated as well as the house.
        The
        > only thing I am behind in is this again as with every year.
        >
        > I hope this letter finds everyone safe and well in both health and
        > spirit. Have a very merry Christmas and a happy new year.

      • Mark Terence Chapman
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 10, 2009
          Mouse: I'm sorry to hear about your losses. It sounds like your year
          was full of adventure, joy and sorrow. It seems like there's always
          some bad to go with the good.

          It may not all have been pleasant, but at least it wasn't boring. My
          year had its ups and downs, too. On the negative side of the ledger,
          the year began with the publisher of my first two novels going
          belly-up. And then over the summer my father had a stroke. He's had an
          altered mental state ever since, and I'm not sure he'll be with us
          much longer.

          On the plus side, I sold my third novel and four short stories last
          year (two stories were published already; the rest will be published
          shortly).

          I also received a big raise at mid year, but then my company issued an
          across-the-board pay cut to everyone, which wiped out that raise. (But
          I'm still better off than if I hadn't gotten the raise first.)

          That's life for you--lots of ups and downs.

          Mark.