Re: [Fantasy Fiction Dungeon] Alternate histories/realities

  • Jeff Cherpeski
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 18, 2008
      I like the series that Newt Gingrich and William Forschen have written.  There are two series, the Gettysburg series and their new Pearl Harbor WW2 series.  They are both very good historians and they base their alternative histories on simple changed decisions.  No aliens arriving, just little things like the Japanese launch the planned third raid instead of leaving fearing an attack.

      Some of the SM Stirling books are good too.  Island in the Sea of Time series is good.  The series that starts with Dies the Fire isn't bad but gets lame (IMO) pretty quick.

      I can't think of any others right off the top of my head.