Re: [Fantasy Fiction Dungeon] Newbie intro/McKinley/Eddings

  • Jill
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 15, 2008
      I just returned from Barnes and Noble and found that! Yep, it most certainly is. Thanks.

      Hey, what's the best Eddings to start with?

      Jill
    • Dawn
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 15, 2008
        I started with the Belgariad series, which is the first one he wrote, followed by the Mallorean (5 books each).  Of course, I read the Belgariad when it first came out.  The first book of the Belgariad is "Pawn of Prophecy."  The Mallorean takes up where the Belgariad leaves off.

        There are two more series that aren't bad: The Elenium and The Tamuli.  Different character from the first two series.

        Dawn

        http://www.myspace.com/circle_of_one

        Witches are not by nature gregarious, at least with other witches, and they certainly don't have leaders. Granny Weatherwax was the most highly regarded of the leaders they didn't have. Terry Pratchett, "The Wyrd Sisters"

        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 16, 2008
          Hello Jill, I found that the Belgariad was good to start with and since
          then, I have been reading a lot of Eddings books; I like the style a
          lot. After the Belgariad comes the Malloreon. Then I read started the
          Elenium and I am about the finish it and start the Tamuli. Enjoy your
          reading.

          NaT