How has everyone been?

    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 19, 2008
      Hi! I am a long standing club member and a moderator. This group has
      had a long history of intense discussions, playful banter, gruop reads,
      writing exercises and fun. Over the last couple of years it has waned
      on it's activity but I see glimpses of my old friends from time to time
      and I see all these new members popping in and out. Life does have a
      way of catching up with us and some of us get caught up in the vicious
      cycle of work and just living our lives. I for one have been so busy
      and haven't had much time to contribute. I wish a hearty welcome to
      all our new members. There are so many new worlds, characters and
      friends out there to be discovered. Each new book, each old book, each
      new author and old.... what wonderful moments we capture on the page
      and in our hearts.

      Happy reading and writing to all of you. Hope your summer is fun and
      your hearts bursting with happiness.
    • mouseymouseim
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 19, 2008
        Yvette, You are right about life getting in the way. I have been so
        busy with work and other projects at home that I have had little
        time to create on paper or be online.
        We have been good here in the Pacific Northwest, a few rain storms
        that have left us flooded in areas but luckily not our house. Ben
        and I went to Hawaii in May and loved it. Someday we will get back
        over there. It felt good to just sit and not talk on the phone.

        Other then a few bumps and bruises on me from being a total clutch
        (as my father calls me), I have been great.
        --- In fantasyfictiondungeon@yahoogroups.com, "Yvette"
        <yvette_n_chad@...> wrote:

        > Hi! I am a long standing club member and a moderator. This group
        has
        > had a long history of intense discussions, playful banter, gruop
        reads,
        > writing exercises and fun. Over the last couple of years it has
        waned
        > on it's activity but I see glimpses of my old friends from time to
        time
        > and I see all these new members popping in and out. Life does have
        > way of catching up with us and some of us get caught up in the
        vicious
        > cycle of work and just living our lives. I for one have been so
        busy
        > and haven't had much time to contribute. I wish a hearty welcome
        > all our new members. There are so many new worlds, characters and
        > friends out there to be discovered. Each new book, each old book,
        each
        > new author and old.... what wonderful moments we capture on the
        page
        > and in our hearts.
        >
        > Happy reading and writing to all of you. Hope your summer is fun
        and
        > your hearts bursting with happiness.

      • Marc Vun Kannon
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 20, 2008
          Hi Yvette.

          Work does get in the way, doesn't it?

          I've been reading a lot, but very little fantasy or SF.  I have a business as a bookseller, so I read the books I sell so I can sell them better.  I have had the pleasure of reading Surviving Serendipity (fantasy), The Silver Spoon (SF romance), and Eye of the Beholder (SF romance), but many more mysteries and thrillers.  Fortunately many of those mysteries and thrillers had ghosts or advanced pseudo-science or paranormal elements.

          I just finished off my latest MS, St. Martin's Moon, and sent it to my publisher.  It's a futuristic paranormal, not part of my Tarkas series.  I've also had a number of short pieces published, or soon to be.  I was asked to write a story for a charity anthology, The Heat of the Moment.  I was told to write on the theme of Fire, so naturally I wrote a vampire Christmas story.  I also got a story published last year called Off the Map, which was a prize for a lady who won a contest, and that led into another story, Ex Libris, I wrote for a contest, the PARSEC short story competition.  It didn't win, but it was a finalist, and it will be published in the Triangulations anthology associated with the contest.

          Trying to get back into my Tarkas series now.

          Marc Vun Kannon's "Off the Map"

          Reality TV...without the reality!

          http://www.marcvunkannon.com

          Fantasy at its most magical. Sit and read a spell!

          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 20, 2008
            Hi Mousey! Boy it sure has been a long time. I was in Hawaii for a
            quick turnaround in January and it was beautiful. It sounds like
            married life is really trating you well. I am so happy for you about
            that! Best wishes for a lovely summer for you and Ben.
            asyfictiondungeon@yahoogroups.com, "mouseymouseim"

            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 20, 2008
              Marc! Hi! Your work has really been thriving. I am so proud of you!
              You knowl I never knew you were a bookseller. I would love that job.
              The vampire christmas story sounds lovely.

              I also wish you a great summer. I am quite busy with both of my
              jobs, and school. I will be starting my Master's Program next
              weekend. It will be a 15 month MBA. I needed a step away from
              Nursing. All else is well. Once my Master's is done, I will be able
              to refocus on reading for pleasure. I already can't wait. :)
              --- In fantasyfictiondungeon@yahoogroups.com, Marc Vun Kannon