Bad News for Terry Pratchett

  • jcherper
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 13, 2007
      AN EMBUGGERANCE
      From http://www.paulkidby.com/news/index.html

      AN EMBUGGERANCE
      Folks,

      I would have liked to keep this one quiet for a little while, but
      because of upcoming conventions and of course the need to keep my
      publishers informed, it seems to me unfair to withhold the news. I
      have been diagnosed with a very rare form of early
      onset Alzheimer's, which lay behind this year's phantom "stroke".

      We are taking it fairly philosophically down here and possibly with a
      mild optimism. For now work is continuing on the completion of Nation
      and the basic notes are already being laid down for Unseen
      Academicals. All other things being equal, I
      expect to meet most current and, as far as possible, future
      commitments but will discuss things with the various organisers.
      Frankly, I would prefer it if people kept things cheerful, because I
      think there's time for at least a few more books yet :o)

      PS I would just like to draw attention to everyone reading the above
      that this should
      be interpreted as 'I am not dead'. I will, of course, be dead at some
      future point, as
      will everybody else. For me, this maybe further off than you think -
      it's too soon to tell.
      I know it's a very human thing to say "Is there anything I can do",
      but in this case I
      would only entertain offers from very high-end experts in brain chemistry.

      -o-
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 17, 2007
        First David Gemmell and Robert Jordan die, now this. Science fiction
        authors live longer, I guess. Bradbury and Clarke are in their 90's
        or close to it. Switch to scifi right now if you are smart.

        --- In fantasyfictiondungeon@yahoogroups.com, "jcherper"

        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 23, 2007
          David Gemmel died??!! I hadn't heard, been out of the loop for so
          long getting qualified for airevac. That is sad news also.

          --- In fantasyfictiondungeon@yahoogroups.com, "Matt" <gauvaine@...>