Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.
 

Re: [Fantasy Fiction Dungeon] If you are interested in this group, Please read the description.

Expand Messages
  • Marc Vun Kannon
    Absolutely. If it doesn t serve a purpose in the story logic it shouldn t be there, and sex almost never does. Violence does sometimes. Mark Chapman
    Message 1 of 15 , Jul 31, 2007
      Absolutely. If it doesn't serve a purpose in the story logic it shouldn't be there, and sex almost never does. Violence does sometimes.

      Mark Chapman <MarkTerenceChapman@...> wrote: Roxanne: No sexually explicit spam from me. Heck, even my novels don't get
      sexually explicit. PG-13 is about as bad as it gets (okay, maybe enough
      violence in some for an R rating). <g>

      Mark.

      On 7/31/07, roxxanne blake <roxxydee@...> wrote:
      >
      > at least its about writing i have gotten alot of sexually explicit spam
      > from this site and that is really garbage
      >
      > RoxxanneDee
      >
      > ---------------------------------
      > Shape Yahoo! in your own image. Join our Network Research Panel today!
      >
      > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
      >
      >
      >

      [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]






      Marc Vun Kannon

      http://www.marcvunkannon.com

      Unbinding the Stone--To do the things that Gods cannot.
      A Warrior Made--Now available from Echelon Press.
      Fantasy at its most magical. Sit and read a spell!

      ---------------------------------
      Ready for the edge of your seat? Check out tonight's top picks on Yahoo! TV.

      [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
    • Yvette
      Mark It was not you I was talking about. I got a request from a promoter to post a one-off promo. You are always welcome and I enjoy hearing about people with
      Message 2 of 15 , Aug 1, 2007
        Mark It was not you I was talking about. I got a request from a
        promoter to post a one-off promo. You are always welcome and I
        enjoy hearing about people with success stories and getting
        published. I apologize. I was trying not to be too harsh but if it
        is I apologize. :)
        -- In fantasyfictiondungeon@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Chapman"
        <MarkTerenceChapman@...> wrote:
        >
        > My apologies, Yvette. I wasn't trying to spam the group. But you
        asked about
        > new books/authors, and I certainly qualify. I haven't been active
        in this
        > group yet, but I've just joined and haven't read the books the
        rest of you
        > have been talking about. So I haven't had anything to talk about
        yet. <g>
        >
        > I've been so busy writing that I haven't had time to read anything
        since
        > March. The last thing I read was a trilogy by David Weber (Empire
        from the
        > Ashes, which begins with Mutineer's Moon.) I loved the first book,
        thought
        > the second was decent, and was disappointed by the third.
        >
        > Mark.
        >
        > On 7/30/07, Yvette <yvette_n_chad@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > The description is quite clear.
        > >
        > > This is not a group for spam, or advertisements, or promos
        > > for "soundtracks" by one-time promotional posts. It is nothing
        > > personal just we are a legitimate group that enjoys our genre.
        If you
        > > want to embark in this forum and engage it's members about a
        subject
        > > by all means I will oblige.
        > >
        > > I wish you the best in your endeavors. Thanks, Yvette
        > >
        > >
        > >
        >
        >
        > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
        >
      • Yvette
        Again.. RoxxanneDee, I was referring to a group promoter who asked to come on this site and post a one-off post to promote their soundtrack. I find all authors
        Message 3 of 15 , Aug 1, 2007
          Again.. RoxxanneDee, I was referring to a group promoter who asked to
          come on this site and post a one-off post to promote their soundtrack.
          I find all authors and writers very welcome here. If you are getting
          sexually explicit spam... please let us know because I am unaware of
          it. I don't get the messages as emails. Please report any spam you
          get. We do have some young members here. :)

          --- In fantasyfictiondungeon@yahoogroups.com, roxxanne blake
          <roxxydee@...> wrote:
          >
          > at least its about writing i have gotten alot of sexually explicit
          spam from this site and that is really garbage
          >
          > RoxxanneDee
          >
          >
          >
          > ---------------------------------
          > Shape Yahoo! in your own image. Join our Network Research Panel
          today!
          >
          > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
          >
        • Yvette
          Hi Marc! Been awhile. I hope you are well and your books are flourishing. I opened up a can of worms on this title post but None of you get to see the
          Message 4 of 15 , Aug 1, 2007
            Hi Marc! Been awhile. I hope you are well and your books are
            flourishing. I opened up a can of worms on this title post but None
            of you get to see the requests for membership. I should have been
            more clear. I wrote the message with exact wording used by the
            promoter so they would get the picture. I love this group and love
            hearing about everyone's books and such.. you of all know this about
            me. :) take care, Yvette

            --- In fantasyfictiondungeon@yahoogroups.com, Marc Vun Kannon
            <mvonkann2000@...> wrote:
            >
            > I preferred the third, although I thought the likelihood of the
            shuttle just happening to stumble across that planet was a little
            low.
            >
            > Mark Chapman <MarkTerenceChapman@...> wrote: My
            apologies, Yvette. I wasn't trying to spam the group. But you asked
            about
            > new books/authors, and I certainly qualify. I haven't been active
            in this
            > group yet, but I've just joined and haven't read the books the
            rest of you
            > have been talking about. So I haven't had anything to talk about
            yet. <g>
            >
            > I've been so busy writing that I haven't had time to read anything
            since
            > March. The last thing I read was a trilogy by David Weber (Empire
            from the
            > Ashes, which begins with Mutineer's Moon.) I loved the first book,
            thought
            > the second was decent, and was disappointed by the third.
            >
            > Mark.
            >
            > On 7/30/07, Yvette <yvette_n_chad@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > The description is quite clear.
            > >
            > > This is not a group for spam, or advertisements, or promos
            > > for "soundtracks" by one-time promotional posts. It is nothing
            > > personal just we are a legitimate group that enjoys our genre.
            If you
            > > want to embark in this forum and engage it's members about a
            subject
            > > by all means I will oblige.
            > >
            > > I wish you the best in your endeavors. Thanks, Yvette
            > >
            > >
            > >
            >
            > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            > Marc Vun Kannon
            >
            > http://www.marcvunkannon.com
            >
            > Unbinding the Stone--To do the things that Gods cannot.
            > A Warrior Made--Now available from Echelon Press.
            > Fantasy at its most magical. Sit and read a spell!
            >
            > ---------------------------------
            > Shape Yahoo! in your own image. Join our Network Research Panel
            today!
            >
            > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
            >
          • Mark Chapman
            Marc: Are you referring to the third book in Weber s Empire from the Ashes trilogy? What I didn t like about it was that it felt like two separate stories,
            Message 5 of 15 , Aug 2, 2007
              Marc: Are you referring to the third book in Weber's Empire from the Ashes
              trilogy?

              What I didn't like about it was that it felt like two separate stories, with
              little connection between the two threads (the coming assassination attempt
              on the Emperor/Empress, and the adventures of the kids on that planet).
              (Plus, the assassination attempt storyline was the one I was more interested
              in and it definitely took a backseat to the other storyline--to the point
              where it almost felt like an afterthought.)

              Even worse was the way the book ended. In the kids' storyline, they finally
              got to the computer that was controlling everything, and then that thread
              completely ended until the last page (four chapters later) when the parents
              got a communication from them saying they were coming home. There was no
              tying up of the loose ends. (How did they get the two sides in the war to
              come to an accommodation? Who's running things now?, etc. Too many things
              were left to the reader to guess at.)

              It felt like an editor said, "You need to cut out a few thousand words. The
              book's too long." and Weber replied, "Okay, I'll just axe Chapter 40. It
              only ties up loose ends, anyway. Nothing important." I wouldn't have minded
              if he summarized everything in a scene or two, but he just dropped the
              storyline with a thud, IMO.

              Mark.

              On 7/31/07, Marc Vun Kannon <mvonkann2000@...> wrote:
              >
              > I preferred the third, although I thought the likelihood of the shuttle
              > just happening to stumble across that planet was a little low.
              >
              > Mark Chapman <MarkTerenceChapman@...<MarkTerenceChapman%40gmail.com>>
              > wrote: My apologies, Yvette. I wasn't trying to spam the group. But you
              > asked about
              > new books/authors, and I certainly qualify. I haven't been active in this
              > group yet, but I've just joined and haven't read the books the rest of you
              > have been talking about. So I haven't had anything to talk about yet. <g>
              >
              > I've been so busy writing that I haven't had time to read anything since
              > March. The last thing I read was a trilogy by David Weber (Empire from the
              > Ashes, which begins with Mutineer's Moon.) I loved the first book, thought
              > the second was decent, and was disappointed by the third.
              >
              > Mark.
              >
              > On 7/30/07, Yvette <yvette_n_chad@... <yvette_n_chad%40yahoo.com>>
              > wrote:
              > >
              > > The description is quite clear.
              > >
              > > This is not a group for spam, or advertisements, or promos
              > > for "soundtracks" by one-time promotional posts. It is nothing
              > > personal just we are a legitimate group that enjoys our genre. If you
              > > want to embark in this forum and engage it's members about a subject
              > > by all means I will oblige.
              > >
              > > I wish you the best in your endeavors. Thanks, Yvette
              > >
              > >
              > >
              >
              > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
              >
              > Marc Vun Kannon
              >
              > http://www.marcvunkannon.com
              >
              > Unbinding the Stone--To do the things that Gods cannot.
              > A Warrior Made--Now available from Echelon Press.
              > Fantasy at its most magical. Sit and read a spell!
              >
              > ---------------------------------
              > Shape Yahoo! in your own image. Join our Network Research Panel today!
              >
              > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
              >
              >
              >


              [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
            • Marc Vun Kannon
              Well, when the note comes signed Acting Governor His Royal Highness Midshipman Sean Horus MacIntyre , you sort of know who s running the show there now.
              Message 6 of 15 , Aug 3, 2007
                Well, when the note comes signed 'Acting Governor His Royal Highness Midshipman Sean Horus MacIntyre", you sort of know who's running the show there now. There wasn't a lot of accomodation possible with the fanatics in charge before. They would have had to go as a body, but that kind of scene is best left hinted at at best. And the reference to Princess Consort Sandra McMahon MacIntyre was hard to miss, as well.
                It was two stories, of course, but tried together at beginning and end. In the beginning when Emperor Colin is concerned about his children just hanging around for years being royals and not doing anything, in the end by that final scene with the received note, one of my personal favorites. I write and prefer to read about people, not political machinations or intricate plots, so the Pardal storyline was my favorite.

                Mark Chapman <MarkTerenceChapman@...> wrote: Marc: Are you referring to the third book in Weber's Empire from the Ashes
                trilogy?

                What I didn't like about it was that it felt like two separate stories, with
                little connection between the two threads (the coming assassination attempt
                on the Emperor/Empress, and the adventures of the kids on that planet).
                (Plus, the assassination attempt storyline was the one I was more interested
                in and it definitely took a backseat to the other storyline--to the point
                where it almost felt like an afterthought.)

                Even worse was the way the book ended. In the kids' storyline, they finally
                got to the computer that was controlling everything, and then that thread
                completely ended until the last page (four chapters later) when the parents
                got a communication from them saying they were coming home. There was no
                tying up of the loose ends. (How did they get the two sides in the war to
                come to an accommodation? Who's running things now?, etc. Too many things
                were left to the reader to guess at.)

                It felt like an editor said, "You need to cut out a few thousand words. The
                book's too long." and Weber replied, "Okay, I'll just axe Chapter 40. It
                only ties up loose ends, anyway. Nothing important." I wouldn't have minded
                if he summarized everything in a scene or two, but he just dropped the
                storyline with a thud, IMO.

                Mark.

                On 7/31/07, Marc Vun Kannon <mvonkann2000@...> wrote:
                >
                > I preferred the third, although I thought the likelihood of the shuttle
                > just happening to stumble across that planet was a little low.
                >
                > Mark Chapman <MarkTerenceChapman@...<MarkTerenceChapman%40gmail.com>>
                > wrote: My apologies, Yvette. I wasn't trying to spam the group. But you
                > asked about
                > new books/authors, and I certainly qualify. I haven't been active in this
                > group yet, but I've just joined and haven't read the books the rest of you
                > have been talking about. So I haven't had anything to talk about yet. <g>
                >
                > I've been so busy writing that I haven't had time to read anything since
                > March. The last thing I read was a trilogy by David Weber (Empire from the
                > Ashes, which begins with Mutineer's Moon.) I loved the first book, thought
                > the second was decent, and was disappointed by the third.
                >
                > Mark.
                >
                > On 7/30/07, Yvette <yvette_n_chad@... <yvette_n_chad%40yahoo.com>>
                > wrote:
                > >
                > > The description is quite clear.
                > >
                > > This is not a group for spam, or advertisements, or promos
                > > for "soundtracks" by one-time promotional posts. It is nothing
                > > personal just we are a legitimate group that enjoys our genre. If you
                > > want to embark in this forum and engage it's members about a subject
                > > by all means I will oblige.
                > >
                > > I wish you the best in your endeavors. Thanks, Yvette
                > >
                > >
                > >
                >
                > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
                >
                > Marc Vun Kannon
                >
                > http://www.marcvunkannon.com
                >
                > Unbinding the Stone--To do the things that Gods cannot.
                > A Warrior Made--Now available from Echelon Press.
                > Fantasy at its most magical. Sit and read a spell!
                >
                > ---------------------------------
                > Shape Yahoo! in your own image. Join our Network Research Panel today!
                >
                > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
                >
                >
                >

                [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]






                Marc Vun Kannon

                http://www.marcvunkannon.com

                Unbinding the Stone--To do the things that Gods cannot.
                A Warrior Made--Now available from Echelon Press.
                Fantasy at its most magical. Sit and read a spell!

                ---------------------------------
                Be a better Heartthrob. Get better relationship answers from someone who knows.
                Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.

                [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
              • roxxanne blake
                it is mostly adds for viagra and medications and stuff but they join the group just to send adds RoxxanneDee ... Choose the right car based on your needs.
                Message 7 of 15 , Aug 3, 2007
                  it is mostly adds for viagra and medications and stuff but they join the group just to send adds

                  RoxxanneDee



                  ---------------------------------
                  Choose the right car based on your needs. Check out Yahoo! Autos new Car Finder tool.

                  [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
                • Mark Chapman
                  ... Marc: My point exactly. The two stories were *only* tied together at the beginning and end. And even at the end, it was only one a few sentences on the
                  Message 8 of 15 , Aug 4, 2007
                    >>>> It was two stories, of course, but tried together at beginning and end.

                    Marc: My point exactly. The two stories were *only* tied together at the
                    beginning and end. And even at the end, it was only one a few sentences on
                    the last page. Weber could have written the two stories as separate novellas
                    and it wouldn't have felt much different from the way he did it. Novels
                    often have multiple storylines running in parallel, but they usually
                    intersect here and there as the novel goes on. These stories were completely
                    distinct after the first few chapters.

                    I enjoyed both stories; I just didn't care for how separate they were. (I
                    suppose that was unavoidable given the stories, but it just felt disjointed
                    to me.)

                    Mark.

                    On 8/3/07, Marc Vun Kannon <mvonkann2000@...> wrote:
                    >
                    > Well, when the note comes signed 'Acting Governor His Royal Highness
                    > Midshipman Sean Horus MacIntyre", you sort of know who's running the show
                    > there now. There wasn't a lot of accomodation possible with the fanatics in
                    > charge before. They would have had to go as a body, but that kind of scene
                    > is best left hinted at at best. And the reference to Princess Consort Sandra
                    > McMahon MacIntyre was hard to miss, as well.
                    > It was two stories, of course, but tried together at beginning and end. In
                    > the beginning when Emperor Colin is concerned about his children just
                    > hanging around for years being royals and not doing anything, in the end by
                    > that final scene with the received note, one of my personal favorites. I
                    > write and prefer to read about people, not political machinations or
                    > intricate plots, so the Pardal storyline was my favorite.
                    >
                    > Mark Chapman <MarkTerenceChapman@...<MarkTerenceChapman%40gmail.com>>
                    > wrote: Marc: Are you referring to the third book in Weber's Empire from the
                    > Ashes
                    > trilogy?
                    >
                    > What I didn't like about it was that it felt like two separate stories,
                    > with
                    > little connection between the two threads (the coming assassination
                    > attempt
                    > on the Emperor/Empress, and the adventures of the kids on that planet).
                    > (Plus, the assassination attempt storyline was the one I was more
                    > interested
                    > in and it definitely took a backseat to the other storyline--to the point
                    > where it almost felt like an afterthought.)
                    >
                    > Even worse was the way the book ended. In the kids' storyline, they
                    > finally
                    > got to the computer that was controlling everything, and then that thread
                    > completely ended until the last page (four chapters later) when the
                    > parents
                    > got a communication from them saying they were coming home. There was no
                    > tying up of the loose ends. (How did they get the two sides in the war to
                    > come to an accommodation? Who's running things now?, etc. Too many things
                    > were left to the reader to guess at.)
                    >
                    > It felt like an editor said, "You need to cut out a few thousand words.
                    > The
                    > book's too long." and Weber replied, "Okay, I'll just axe Chapter 40. It
                    > only ties up loose ends, anyway. Nothing important." I wouldn't have
                    > minded
                    > if he summarized everything in a scene or two, but he just dropped the
                    > storyline with a thud, IMO.
                    >
                    > Mark.
                    >
                    > On 7/31/07, Marc Vun Kannon <mvonkann2000@...<mvonkann2000%40yahoo.com>>
                    > wrote:
                    > >
                    > > I preferred the third, although I thought the likelihood of the shuttle
                    > > just happening to stumble across that planet was a little low.
                    > >
                    > > Mark Chapman <MarkTerenceChapman@...<MarkTerenceChapman%40gmail.com>
                    > <MarkTerenceChapman%40gmail.com>>
                    > > wrote: My apologies, Yvette. I wasn't trying to spam the group. But you
                    > > asked about
                    > > new books/authors, and I certainly qualify. I haven't been active in
                    > this
                    > > group yet, but I've just joined and haven't read the books the rest of
                    > you
                    > > have been talking about. So I haven't had anything to talk about yet.
                    > <g>
                    > >
                    > > I've been so busy writing that I haven't had time to read anything since
                    > > March. The last thing I read was a trilogy by David Weber (Empire from
                    > the
                    > > Ashes, which begins with Mutineer's Moon.) I loved the first book,
                    > thought
                    > > the second was decent, and was disappointed by the third.
                    > >
                    > > Mark.
                    > >
                    > > On 7/30/07, Yvette <yvette_n_chad@... <yvette_n_chad%40yahoo.com><yvette_n_chad%
                    > 40yahoo.com>>
                    > > wrote:
                    > > >
                    > > > The description is quite clear.
                    > > >
                    > > > This is not a group for spam, or advertisements, or promos
                    > > > for "soundtracks" by one-time promotional posts. It is nothing
                    > > > personal just we are a legitimate group that enjoys our genre. If you
                    > > > want to embark in this forum and engage it's members about a subject
                    > > > by all means I will oblige.
                    > > >
                    > > > I wish you the best in your endeavors. Thanks, Yvette
                    > > >
                    > > >
                    > > >
                    > >
                    > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
                    > >
                    > > Marc Vun Kannon
                    > >
                    > > http://www.marcvunkannon.com
                    > >
                    > > Unbinding the Stone--To do the things that Gods cannot.
                    > > A Warrior Made--Now available from Echelon Press.
                    > > Fantasy at its most magical. Sit and read a spell!
                    > >
                    > > ---------------------------------
                    > > Shape Yahoo! in your own image. Join our Network Research Panel today!
                    > >
                    > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
                    > >
                    > >
                    > >
                    >
                    > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
                    >
                    >
                    >
                    >
                    >
                    > Marc Vun Kannon
                    >
                    > http://www.marcvunkannon.com
                    >
                    > Unbinding the Stone--To do the things that Gods cannot.
                    > A Warrior Made--Now available from Echelon Press.
                    > Fantasy at its most magical. Sit and read a spell!
                    >
                    > ---------------------------------
                    > Be a better Heartthrob. Get better relationship answers from someone who
                    > knows.
                    > Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.
                    >
                    > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
                    >
                    >
                    >


                    [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
                  • Yvette
                    Well, I for 1 an offended that people do this. I do not receive email from the group,If so I would never get through it all. Please report this spam any time
                    Message 9 of 15 , Aug 5, 2007
                      Well, I for 1 an offended that people do this. I do not receive email
                      from the group,If so I would never get through it all. Please report
                      this spam any time you get it. It is unprofessional and very rude. It
                      is not something that any of the moderators would tolerate. Thank
                      you Roxanne. Yvette
                      --- In fantasyfictiondungeon@yahoogroups.com, roxxanne blake
                      <roxxydee@...> wrote:
                      >
                      > it is mostly adds for viagra and medications and stuff but they join
                      the group just to send adds
                      >
                      > RoxxanneDee
                      >
                      >
                      >
                      > ---------------------------------
                      > Choose the right car based on your needs. Check out Yahoo! Autos
                      new Car Finder tool.
                      >
                      > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
                      >
                    Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.