Comic Writing

  • jfmalewitz
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 24, 2007
      Anyone else have any experience with comic book writing? Just curious,
      I've been playing around with writing some scripts. I love reading
      comic books, so the next logical step, in my mind, was to try and
      write them, wait for rejections, and keep going.
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 28, 2007
        No, I don't write much. We used to do writing exercises here but it
        seems everyone has a lot going on with little time for extra
        projects. I am sure the members would love to read an excerpt of you
        work. Comic book writing sounds difficult. I commend your effort and
        hope that you will get a bite from the publishers.

        --- In fantasyfictiondungeon@yahoogroups.com, "jfmalewitz"

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 28, 2007
          why don't we still do the 300 words on a subject thing i thought it was very thought provoking?

          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 28, 2007
            Well.. we have tried many times in the last year with no
            participation. I can't even get anyone to read as a group anymore. I
            don't know if it is me or the fact that we are all just very busy
            people. :) Matt really is a great moderator and when he is involved
            things really happen. I have belonged to this group almost since it's
            inception by Alan Moore. Matt took over as moderator when Moore grew
            too busy to keep it going. I came on board as a moderator to help
            Matt. Jeff is now also moderator.

            I am sure it will pick up again sometime. The last successful venture
            was a short story practice. You can read many of the old sets in the
            files section. I tried to catalog them but lost track of time with
            both of my real jobs to finish my project. I hope to go back through
            some time and finish the file collection. :)

            I am happy to try again with a writing subject but it doesn'twork if
            only 1 person participates. So... if you are interested. I'll post a
            subject and see where it goes?

            --- In fantasyfictiondungeon@yahoogroups.com, roxxanne blake