Reading harry potter Book 1: HP and the sorcerers stone (spoilers*)

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2007
      I have begun to reread this book having never reread any of the books
      at all. I was pleasantly surprised to discover Sirius Black in the
      first chapter; having loaned his motorcycle to Hagrid to take Harry to
      his aunt and uncles as a boy, it dawned on me that this occurred
      before he was accused of being the turncoat on harry's parents and
      subsequently sentened to Azcaban. I also found myself not remembering
      little details: Professor McGonagall's hair was black...I found myself
      accepting the movie visual as my inner eye on these stories. It does
      pay to go back and read sometimes. I am still reading only because
      work has gotten in the way. I hope all of you enjoy rediscovering the
      magic that made us all fall in love with Harry's story. Y