    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 17, 2007
      What is everyone reading these days? I picked up Glen Cook's new one,
      two from Cecilia Dart Thornton, a historical novel, two medieval
      Mysteries by Michael Jecks and a scifi book caught Capacity.

      I got $75 worth of B&N gift certificates, so i made quick use of them.
      AFter our discussion about slogging and what was good and what's not,
      i'm curious to hear what else is out there.

      Anyone that likes good space opera, i recommend Polaris and Seeker by
      Jack McDevitt. They were strangely entertaining and were quick reads,
      which is a must for me these days. I can't slog any more lest i go
      insane.
    • mouseymouseim
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 18, 2007
        Marc Vun Kannon's book The Flame in the Bowl Unbinding the stone. I
        am finding the book to very enlightening and so far funny,
        especially the sleeping in a tree with a bear cub!--- In
        fantasyfictiondungeon@yahoogroups.com, "Matt" <gauvaine@...> wrote:

        > What is everyone reading these days? I picked up Glen Cook's new
        one,
        > two from Cecilia Dart Thornton, a historical novel, two medieval
        > Mysteries by Michael Jecks and a scifi book caught Capacity.
        >
        > I got $75 worth of B&N gift certificates, so i made quick use of
        them.
        > AFter our discussion about slogging and what was good and what's
        not,
        > i'm curious to hear what else is out there.
        >
        > Anyone that likes good space opera, i recommend Polaris and Seeker
        by
        > Jack McDevitt. They were strangely entertaining and were quick
        reads,
        > which is a must for me these days. I can't slog any more lest i go
        > insane.

      • Marc Vun Kannon
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 18, 2007
          Not quite a bear. I envisioned him as sort of a cross between a Kodiak bear with the intelligence and dexterity of a mountain gorilla, with hemorrhoids. But I wrote him as too cute in the first book, says my editor. In the second book he get to express himself a bit more.

          mouseymouseim <mouseymouseim@...> wrote: Marc Vun Kannon's book The Flame in the Bowl Unbinding the stone. I
          am finding the book to very enlightening and so far funny,
          especially the sleeping in a tree with a bear cub!---

          Marc Vun Kannon

          http://www.marcvunkannon.com

          Unbinding the Stone--To do the things that Gods cannot.
          A Warrior Made--Now available from Echelon Press.
          Fantasy at its most magical. Sit and read a spell!
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 23, 2007
            I am reading all about the C130 aircraft and ditching emergency
            egress procedures...I think I need a good recommendation for good
            reading once school is over. Any suggestions?