Writing Exchange

  • jfmalewitz
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 9, 2007
      Sky, i would like to get more people involved, but if no one wants to
      get involved i guess just us will work fine. I post my work all over
      the place, im in a lot of writing groups. I have a collection of short
      stories i wrote on my christmas break, but only a few i would be
      willing to send out. I need to get a new work under my belt, or
      blocked, before i start editing something. I know i wouldnt want to
      send you a rough draft with a lot of typos, that would waste your time.
      I have only one novel under my belt that was just finished a few
      months ago, so i probably want to wait before i let you look at that.
      Let me work on getting some of my stuff together over the next week.
      If you want to trade immediately i have two coming of age short
      stories you could look at, and two essays on writing fiction. But this
      is literary stuff and i wasnt sure you'd be interested.
      All your stuff looked interesting, especially the dead earth novels, i
      think i would like to read the first dead earth novel. How long is
      that total?
      And if no one else wants to share their work that's fine, i'm always
      on the hunt for people to share writing with.
      Talk to you soon.
    • Schuyler Thorpe
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 10, 2007
        J:

        I would like to exchange material. I usually reserve my weekdays for writing and weekends for goofing off or posting new blog entries. So, could you send me some of your stuff via e-mail (or snail mail--wait. You don't have my address! lol...ohh...man!) by next Thursday or Friday? That way, I can get a jump on taking a look at some of your latest pieces.

        Yes, I think it would be good if you gave me something which has little or no errors--because I'm notorious for my exceptional editing skills and would tear it apart without warning. (But...! I give encouraging and helpful remarks on that person's piece. I don't bomb, I don't coddle. I just tell it like it is.)

        Stories of the Dead Earth Book 1 is 100K words. Or 446 pages. It's one of my shorter pieces, and is a revival of a rarely used first-person format--which I haven't used in 11 years--since my Project Nexus novel.

        I can e-mail you the book, once you give me your e-mailed pieces. Just make sure you add something like, "From J to Sky--Fiction essays" in the thread. This way I can identify it as something important, and not spam.

        But I want you to take your time with mine, as I with yours. Unless this is something to do with school, or whatever, I'm not going to rush through it, okay?

        Sky

        "You should know of the One’s name that has passed through time itself, while emerging from the depths of the Great Beyond with fires and passion which burn across these lips of mine.”--Isis McGowan

        What is Bayen Yelou dreaming about? Find out more in Book 1 of The Starchild saga. (Coming January 16th, 2009)

        New Starchild blog entries here: http://360.yahoo.com/starchildalpha1

      • Schuyler Thorpe
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 10, 2007
          J:

          As an afterthought, I'm in a lot of writing groups myself. 229+ to be precise. And my work usually can be found at Freewebs.com, Blogger.com, Myspace.com, and a couple other places.

          But I usually edit as I go with my books and stories. 4 of my novels are first-gen, and passable--but it's not up to my current level of writing.

          I'll have to fix those when time permits.

          (Send the essays this Friday and I'll have a look at them.)

          Um...why wouldn't be *interested* in literary fiction? IT'S WHAT I WRITE! LMAO

          So how long did it take you to write your first book, J?