Re: New member Aloha

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 23, 2006
      Welcome Durk. It is wonderful about your book, congratulations. As
      for WOT, There have been many many discussions here about Jordon's
      work both positive and negative critiques. I personally only lasted
      to book 7, there are others who read on. Your book sounds
      interesting and original. I hope you enjoy your time here. This
      summer has been a little slow but I am sure things will pick up. We
      sometimes do writing exercises, If you look in the files sections
      you can find some examples. :-) Yvette

      --- In fantasyfictiondungeon@yahoogroups.com, "Durk Simmons"
      <zedicus_e@...> wrote:

      > Hi All,
      > I Just joined the group and have been exploring the older posts.
      Sorry to say, I've not read the
      > Harry Potter Series, so I don't have any intelligent input there.
      I'm a married father of 2, and a
      > massage therapist for 26 years. I've been re-reading Robert
      Jordons "Wheel of Time" series to
      > refresh myself for the 10th book, which I just picked up. Have
      there been any discussions
      > concerning it? I've also been working on the 2nd installment of
      my own series "The Witches
      > in America" series. The first book "Strings of Connection" came
      out in June. Of course I think
      > it's a great read, but if the members want to read and critique
      it, that would be fantastic, its