New member Aloha

  • Durk Simmons
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 22, 2006
      Hi All,
      I Just joined the group and have been exploring the older posts. Sorry to say, I've not read the
      Harry Potter Series, so I don't have any intelligent input there. I'm a married father of 2, and a
      massage therapist for 26 years. I've been re-reading Robert Jordons "Wheel of Time" series to
      refresh myself for the 10th book, which I just picked up. Have there been any discussions
      concerning it? I've also been working on the 2nd installment of my own series "The Witches
      in America" series. The first book "Strings of Connection" came out in June. Of course I think
      it's a great read, but if the members want to read and critique it, that would be fantastic, its
      on Amazon or can be ordered at the store. Anyway, I hope I can add something to the group!

      Durk Simmons
      author Strings of Connection
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 23, 2006
        Welcome Durk. It is wonderful about your book, congratulations. As
        for WOT, There have been many many discussions here about Jordon's
        work both positive and negative critiques. I personally only lasted
        to book 7, there are others who read on. Your book sounds
        interesting and original. I hope you enjoy your time here. This
        summer has been a little slow but I am sure things will pick up. We
        sometimes do writing exercises, If you look in the files sections
        you can find some examples. :-) Yvette

        --- In fantasyfictiondungeon@yahoogroups.com, "Durk Simmons"