Which author , or book hooked you in to Fantasy Fiction?

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 3 7:57 AM
      I loved to read ever since I realized I could read Green Eggs and Ham
      all by myself. I lived at the library and I would bring books home by
      the armfuls to read. I was sitting in my car driving, thinking of
      these things enroute to my new home and I was struck by the idea:
      Which book hooked me to FF? I had to think very hard because I have
      been reading FF since I was a kid. Was it LLoyd Alexander?, Was it
      Madeleine L'Engle?, Susan Cooper? Who did I read first?? I remember
      reading The Hobbit in the same year I read Susan Cooper's trilogy but
      that was middle schoo. I started before then. To be honest,I really
      think it was A Wind in the Door. I was really young, in elementary
      school when I read this book. I remember getting the little magazines
      where you could order your books, your parents would sign off, give
      you a check for your teacher and then your books would arrive in a big
      box at school a few weeks later. I would get so excited to see my new
      books. When I read Wind in the Door I was...ever hooked. It has been a
      complete thrill ride ever since... :-)