Summer

    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 6, 2006
      What's everyone reading this summer? Anything good?
    • Jeff Cherpeski
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 6, 2006
        Read? Who has time for that? I am listening to a number of books this summer though. Feast for Crows (rather disappointing), The Book of the Dead (pretty good), The Great Influenza, and a number of other books.

        Matt <gauvaine@...> wrote: What's everyone reading this summer? Anything good?

      • Tim McQueen
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 6, 2006
          "Someone Comes to Town, Someone Leaves Town" by Cory Doctorow was excellent.

          Matt wrote:

          > What's everyone reading this summer? Anything good?

        • Marc Vun Kannon
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 6, 2006
            Currently reading Gabriel's Ghost, by Linnea Sinclair. Mostly working on my latest, so little time to read much of anything.

            I hope some of you will try my new short story Off the Map, available from Echelon Press and fictionwise,com.

            Matt <gauvaine@...> wrote:
            What's everyone reading this summer? Anything good?

            Marc Vun Kannon

            http://www.marcvunkannon.com

            Unbinding the Stone--To do the things that Gods cannot.
            A Warrior Made--Now available from Echelon Press.
            Fantasy at its most magical. Sit and read a spell!
            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 7, 2006
              Man! I have been busting tail reading other aspiring author's work and writing reviews.

              When I read for myself and for relaxation I am delving into the second novel of a trilogy: Mage of Clouds;The Cloudmages #2 by S.L. Farrell.

              Hope you all had a great 4th of July!!!

              Christina Smith Belcher
              "Amirae's Moon Spirit" - Coming Soon!
              ISBN# 1-4241-3829-9
              www.freewebs.com/christinasmithbelcher/

              What's everyone reading this summer? Anything good?

            • karl barnes
              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 7, 2006
                I'm in the middle of two books: Michael A. Stackpole's last book in his trilogy, The Dragoncrown War Cycle: The Last Crusade and Cormac McCarthy's Blood Meridian.

                What's everyone reading this summer? Anything good?

              • mouseymouseim
                Message 7 of 9 , Jul 7, 2006
                  --- In fantasyfictiondungeon@yahoogroups.com, "Matt" <gauvaine@...>
                  wrote:

                  > What's everyone reading this summer? Anything good?

                  Not reading a single thing here, still out of work. Anyone have good
                  suggestions to keep me occupied? Also I have a new photo on my Yahoo
                  360. Check it out.
                • freedomstar_57
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jul 8, 2006
                    --- In fantasyfictiondungeon@yahoogroups.com, "Matt" <gauvaine@...> wrote:

                    > What's everyone reading this summer? Anything good?

                    Hi,

                    Since I have the summer off, I'm reading a lot. I've read these books:

                    WHEEL OF DREAMS by Salinda Tyson
                    MOONLIGHT AND VINES by Charles de Lint
                    HARROWING THE DRAGON by Patricia McKillip
                    STORM FRONT by Jim Butcher
                    SPIRIT FOX by Mickey Zucker Reichert and Jennifer Wingert.

                    Hope this helps.

                    Debbie
                  • Amanda
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jul 31, 2006
                      --- In fantasyfictiondungeon@yahoogroups.com, fantasybkauthor@... wrote:

                      > Man! I have been busting tail reading other aspiring author's work
                      and writing reviews.

                      > When I read for myself and for relaxation I am delving into the
                      second novel of a trilogy: Mage of Clouds;The Cloudmages #2 by S.L.
                      Farrell.

                      > Hope you all had a great 4th of July!!!
                      >
                      > Christina Smith Belcher
                      > "Amirae's Moon Spirit" - Coming Soon!
                      > ISBN# 1-4241-3829-9
                      > www.freewebs.com/christinasmithbelcher/

                      I hope to start reading the new Dragon Lance book that just came out
                      soon. Dragons of the Dwarven Depths is what it's called, and it has my
                      absolute favorite Dragon Lance characters. I also hope to read The
                      Dark Elf Trilogy and Legacy of the Drow in the Forgotten Realms series.
                      There's a lot more in qeue, but does anyone else have any good
                      suggestions?