Nebula Awards

    Message 1 of 3 , May 8, 2006
      These always seem to go to books i haven't read or even heard about.
      I know who Joe Haldeman is, (who doesn't?) but haven't seen
      Camouflage in the stores anywhere.

      Nebula Winners Named

      Camouflage by Joe Haldeman won the 2005 Nebula Award for best novel,
      one of several presented May 6 for best science fiction or fantasy
      works by the Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers of America at its
      annual awards banquet in Tempe, Ariz., the group reported on its
      official Web site.

      The Nebula Awards are voted on and presented by active members of
      the SFWA, which was founded as the Science Fiction Writers of
      America in 1965 by Damon Knight. With a charter membership of 78
      writers, SFWA now has more than 1,500 members, among them most of
      the leading writers of science fiction and fantasy.

      Other Nebula Award winners are "Magic for Beginners" by Kelly Link
      (best novella); "The Faery Handbag," also by Link (best
      novelette); "I Live with You" by Carol Emshwiller (best short
      story); and Serenity by Joss Whedon (best script).

      The first ever Andre Norton Award went to Valiant: A Modern Tale of
      Faerie by Holly Black.

      As previously announced, the Damon Knight Memorial Grand Master
      Award was presented to Harlan Ellison for lifetime achievement in
      the field, and William F. Nolan was honored as Author Emeritus.