[Fantasy Fiction Dungeon] Re: Thank you and let's pick another book

    Message 1 of 19 , Jan 4, 2006
      Yeah, poor Eddings. Never has a person's work deteriorated so
      quickly. Belgariad was great. Mallorean less great. Elenium a cliche
      of himself. Everything else after that just ludicrous cliched
      driven, bad written garbage. I tried reading Belgarath the Sorceror
      and just couldn't do it.

      --- In fantasyfictiondungeon@yahoogroups.com, "Yvette"
      <yvette_n_chad@y...> wrote:

      > I am open to reading anything. I have really been enjoying trying
      > new authors out for me. Except for Shadowmarch, the last 4 books I
      > have been reading are all new authors to me. I needed a horizon
      > broadening experience. One good thing about me is that I am open
      > minded to accept an autors work as it is for the most part..I
      only
      > rant when things just really go down hill. I LOVed Eye of the
      World
      > by Jordan for example but he did eventually disappoint. I also
      have
      > not enjoyed anything of Eddings since his wife began to co-write
      > with him. I loved the Belgarian and Mallorean series as they were.
      >
      > --- In fantasyfictiondungeon@yahoogroups.com, Marc Vun Kannon
      > <mvonkann2000@y...> wrote:
      > >
      > > A Fistful of Sky is an excellent book, especially if
      > > you're a Hoffman fan, like me. American Gods is quite
      > > nice too. The Eyre Affair is quite campy, but some
      > > people found it a little over the top. Is anyone here
      > > either for or against books by authors who are
      > > members?
      > >
      > > --- Matt <gauvaine@y...> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > I do like to alternate our reading. Heroic fantasy
      > > > or space opera for
      > > > our next book, or some urban fantasy? It just
      > > > depends on if we want to
      > > > be entertained or want meaningful insight into the
      > > > nature of man when
      > > > we read something. Here's what i recommend if we
      > > > want to be
      > > > enlightened and to help Yvette on her urban fantasy
      > > > sojourn:
      > > >
      > > > The Eyre Affair by Jasper FForde
      > > > The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
      > > > American Gods by Neil Gaiman
      > > > A Fistful of Sky by Nina Kiriki Hoffman
      > > >
      > > > Look up the synopsis on Amazon and then tell me what
      > > > you think.
      > > >

      > > Marc Vun Kannon
      > >
      > > http://www.marcvunkannon.com
      > >
      > > Unbinding the Stone--Making lemonade from fantasy lemons
      > > Coming in October, 2005--A Warrior Made.

      > > Yahoo! DSL – Something to write home about.
      > > Just $16.99/mo. or less.
      > > dsl.yahoo.com

    • dirtydwarf
      Message 2 of 19 , Jan 4, 2006
        hehe..yeah, I miss the ol' chuckster..wonder where she ever ended up...

        Message 3 of 19 , Jan 4, 2006
          She's probably modeling in Europe or stripping in Las Vegas. Very
          lucrative work.

          --- In fantasyfictiondungeon@yahoogroups.com, "dirtydwarf"