WEll...after years....and years....I've begun it...

    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 15, 2005
      I picked up Wizards First Rule.....I've put it off, remembered
      multiple debates on this site, and have had a hankering for something
      new. I'll let you know what I think....
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 16, 2005
        Well, i always liked it. It's what came after that kind of put me off,
        but not for literary reasons, but for theme and content i wasn't
        comfortable with. Stone of Tears made me uneasy after the first 100
        pages or so, i had to put it down and haven't been brave enough to
        pick it back up again. I'll get around to it, though.

        Have to say that I'm really enjoying Going Postal by Terry Pratchett.
        One of his better Discworld books. Next up is Gardens of the Moon by
        Erik Larsen.

        --- In fantasyfictiondungeon@yahoogroups.com, "Yvette"
        <yvette_n_chad@y...> wrote:

        > I picked up Wizards First Rule.....I've put it off, remembered
        > multiple debates on this site, and have had a hankering for
        something
        > new. I'll let you know what I think....

      • froglette79
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 16, 2005
          I enjoyed the entire series except for the last book. He tends to be a
          little long winded and a little too graphic at times, but the story is
          intensly interesting. In fact I've reread the series several times
          (Even the last book. This is a prime example of my OCD shining
          through. It is impossible for me to start a series and not read every
          book in that series available to me, even if it's not a great book! A
          curse I tell you! A Curse!).

          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 20, 2005
            OCD...that is a nurse in true definition...and I too have to
            complete most series, even if I do not love it. The big exception:
            JORDAN I will not read Jordan ever again.

            --- In fantasyfictiondungeon@yahoogroups.com, froglette79