Newbie on Board

  • radar_charley
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 6, 2005
      Greetings Lords and Ladies,

      New to your group as well as new to the genre. I am single mom with the
      perfect job for those that love to read...manager of family's used
      bookstore. Recently we relocated our store and had to clean out excess.
      I ended with the science fiction and fantasy section and boxed up about
      roughly 3-4 boxes of vintage SF/Fantasy books as far back as 1950's.
      Even after the big clean up still have a nice section left for the
      paying customers.

      So with all this reading why am I searching for a new group? Just crazy
      I guess. I usually write flash fiction whether romance, mystery or
      horror there is always a little morbid twist. I had a story on the back
      burner that has fantasy-like tendencies that I am revisiting and
      revamping and will post when close to finishing. If you all like it
      (being more of an expert of this sort), then I will try to finish it.

      I am posting tonight just to get my feet wet and then it is back to
      Asimov and Andre Norton and if I pick up speed, might get back into Dune
      (having trouble with this one).

      Thanks for allowing me to enter your domain ;) Radar

      PS. Any special rules to posting? Are files allowed and how to set one
      up here(been a long time and forgotten how)
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 7, 2005
        Radar,
        Good to see you and welcome. I don't usually have a problem
        with people posting files, but i try to monitor it. We end up
        getting XXX links and spamalot if i'm not careful. As for flash
        fictions, we welcome them. I ususally get a topic out every Friday,
        when i can, for everyone to write on. So fire away and we'll try to
        be as helpful and supportive as we can.

        If you see something interesting, post it. Have a story idea,
        bizarre musing, media snippet, industry information, book review,
        mechanics discussion or bad experience with a book doctor, etc feel
        free to post it.

        --- In fantasyfictiondungeon@yahoogroups.com, "radar_charley"