9683Re: [Fantasy Fiction Dungeon] Re: Lost

  • Matt Baker
    Mar 1, 2005
      I can't wait for the first season DVD to come out. i'm sure there are things we missed or didn't notice.

      My off the wall notion that there's a secret French research facility left over from atomic bomb testing under that metal door hasn't come to fruition yet. But i'm hopeful.

      What's the deal with Boone's sister and the Sayid?

      Is the thing a thing or actually a thing, in which case it's not a thing like the thing we thought it was?

      Did us having to wait for two months to find out about what happened to Claire seem totally anti-climatic? Who was Ethan anyway and why was he such a friggin' psycho?

      Was Jack's father's body ever inside the coffin that he found from the plane, or was it empy because customs wouldn't let him get on the plane with the corpus delictus in the first place?

      Have you noticed that the guy who plays Hurley was on an episode of Curb your Enthusiasm, scalping tickets to Larry David to a Dodgers Game, who subsequently picked up a hooker on his way to Dodger Stadium just so he could get in the carpool lane and get to the game on time?

      Is there any credence to the notion that the little kid with the weird powers caused them to crash because he can make things happen by thinking about it?

      Can polar bears even survive in a tropical climate?

      What happens when the rainy season comes and they get hit with typhoons and gusting winds for 3 months?

      kaeolin <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Yes, thanks, David Fury. Appropriately named ;)

      ****Spoiler Ahead***

      Speaking of Hurley. Did anyone else notice Hurley on t.v. during
      Jin's flashbacks? Luckily we taped it and rewound it just to make
      sure but when Jin first goes to that guy's house and the daughter is
      watching t.v. you can see Hurley getting into a car.... I can't wait
      to find out what the connection is. (Very similar to the time that
      Boone is at the police station and in the background you see Sawyer
      being hustled in. Still don't know why Sawyer ended up at the
      station...). Clearly one of the themes of the show is that somehow
      they are all connected prior to the crash, even if it seems incidental.

      --- In fantasyfictiondungeon@yahoogroups.com, Vaidah <alorarose@y...>
      wrote:
      > Heh, I worship J.J. Abrams. He's also
      > co-created/produced Alias and Felicity.
      >
      > I love J.J. night. It reminds me of Joss night with
      > Buffy and Angel. How I miss those shows. But J.J. is
      > just as brilliant.
      >
      > Heh, I have a naughty wish of wanting J.J. Abrams,
      > Joss Whedon and David Kemper to write a show together.
      > I don't think the viewers would survive.
      >
      > I like the way the episodes are laid out, on Lost.
      > How each episode we find out more about the past of
      > the characters. I can't wait for the Hurley episode.
      >

      > I also find it amusing how J.J. has recycled WB
      > actors. XD Daniel Dae Kim (Gavin from Angel) Sawyer
      > (Josh halloway) was in the first ep of angel, Emilie
      > de Ravin from Roswell, etc.
      >
      > and Mira, of coooouuuurse Mira Furlan!!! I adore that
      > woman.
      >
      > and you must be talking about David Fury. That man is
      > evil. LOL. But a brilliant writer. He wrote for
      > both angel and buffy.
      >

      > --- kaeolin <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
      >

      > > After all of Joss Whedon's shows were cancelled/done
      > > I despaired at
      > > finding something to watch. Lost is good. It has
      > > its weak moments
      > > but I'm hooked... so far. And I wasn't surprised
      > > that I liked the
      > > show when I found out that one of the producers (I
      > > think, or maybe it
      > > was director or writer. Dave somebody or other)
      > > worked on Whedon's
      > > productions as well. You probably notice some slip
      > > of Whedon language
      > > in Lost now and again.
      > >
      > > I think that the island is a place of redemption.
      > > who knows? that's
      > > what's fun about it.
      > >
      > > --- In fantasyfictiondungeon@yahoogroups.com, "Matt"
      > > <gauvaine@y...>
      > > wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Who watches this show besides myself and my wife?
      > > What are your
      > > > thoughts on what is going on and do you like the
      > > show? Spoiler
      > > > alert. I haven't watched the last two weeks, but
      > > have them taped.
      > > > Anyone want to start a thread, feel free.
      > > >
      > > > Matt
      > >

      > =====
      > <b>Jodie:</b> 2T ROCKED!!! Esp that thing with the things thinging
      the thing!!!! *bouncy spaz* Hot damn that was kewl!!

      > <b>Leo:</b> Also, I ish the innocentsted and most sanestests person
      in the Shipper universe

      > http://mail.yahoo.com

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      "For better or worse, you have been marked."