9160Re: [Fantasy Fiction Dungeon] Digest Number 266

    Mar 2, 2004
      If you'll notice, i mentioned King and Vonnegut as exceptions to the
      rule; they can pretty much write whatever they feel like writing and
      not be worried about how it is perceived. The Eyes of the Dragon and
      the Green Mile being great examples. Even his book on writing was a
      best seller.

      --- In fantasyfictiondungeon@yahoogroups.com, MystklDrgn@a... wrote:
      > >But once they start writing for the masses, they get typecast and
      > pidgeon holed and can't craft their magnum opus and if they do, it
      is
      > given short thrift and not lauded, because they are straying away
      > from what made them successful, not what they necessarily feel they
      > have in them. That's the problem. It's a double edged sword, stray
      > but a little and you get your quill and ink lopped off but good.
      >
      > <<
      >
      > no I disagree, - if they are truly a good writer, no matter what
      the typecast
      > - they will write a good book. I hate to keep bringing him up, but
      Stephen