1827Re: Daggerspell w/spoilers: 1st reading

  • moorealan
    Dec 1 5:49 AM
      Hello everyone. I finally got my copy of
      Daggerspell in the mail this past weekend, and sat down to
      read last night. I really enjoyed what I read. I am
      not a literary type at all, so I will just speak my
      mind. I really like the character of Jill. I think she
      is very strong willed, and is obviously the heroine
      of the story. The way she communicated with the
      Wildfolk nobody else could see was fun. I guess she is
      some kind of sorceress or something? Her father,
      Cullyn, was not a very likable character to me. Although
      he was honorable and just, I just did not really
      like him. Not sure why, I just have a bad feeling...
      As for Nevyn, he was not involved enough in the part
      I read for me to make a judgement. I feel he will
      have a major role in the book, so I am sure I will
      form an opinion soon. Anyway, so far the reading is
      great. Kerr's writing style had me hooked from the
      start, and I did not want to put the book down. Some of
      the language was hard to read, and I appreciated her
      putting pronounciation tips at the beginning of the book.
      They really helped me with some of the language. I
      cannot wait to move on to the next part. I think that
      the story is dealing with many different incarnations
      of the same people, whose destiny or Wyrd are
    • Show all 8165 messages in this topic