10412Re: Anime question

  • Herod Antipas
    Dec 7, 2005
      --- In fantasyfictiondungeon@yahoogroups.com, "Matt" <gauvaine@y...>
      wrote:

      > As Wired Magazine likes to say, "Japanese Schoolgirl siting." Anime
      > and manga are very sexualized, very adult. Not all of it, but i'd
      > say 80 percent. Violent, too, of course. But Japanese males have an
      > obsession with young girls and sexual innuendo, especially in anime.
      > It's a cultural thing. Sometimes it can be very creepy.
      >
      > Matt

      OK I understand that for the stuff that is for adults, but Kiki's
      delivery service was clearly marketed at kids, at least in the US and
      has a gentle, juvenile theme throughout. It seems like the
      sexualization of schoolgirls seeps over from the adult oriented anime
      or something.
    • Show all 26 messages in this topic