10405Re: [Fantasy Fiction Dungeon] Re: Anime question

  • karl barnes
    Dec 7, 2005
      Yeah, alot of anime comes off as soft core with tantilizing glances of shapely thighs and peeks at under-panties. Inuyasha(a regular on Adult Swim on the Carttoon Network) has a main female character(can't spell the name right,but it starts with a K) from modern times is dressed in a super skimpy school uniform throughout the series. And there are some anime that ARE very soft core ie show nudity etc ; where the main characters are very young(school girls).

      I'm of the thought of why don't some of these anime use older characters and I'm sure that there are some. I've just haven't seen many that do.

      Herod Antipas <antippas@...> wrote:
      I know this is somewhat off topic but I really mean this as a serious
      question:

      It seems like alot of anime, some of which is ostensibly for kids, is
      rather sexualized. I recenlt watched Kiki's Delivery Service with my
      5 year old, who adored it. Kiki is a 13 year old witch who moves to a
      new town to find her fortune. The funny part was, the character wears
      a dress throughout the movie, and is constantly showing her
      underwear. Now I know that if a person really didi fly around on a
      broom in a medium length dress, that would happen, but the animators
      seemed to be going out of their way to do this at every opportunity,
      whereas American animators would have kept it to a minimum just
      because it isn't seemly to show alot of 13-year-old girls underwear.
      I wasn't upset, and my daughter didin't mind, but I'm just really
      curious. Is this some cultural difference between the US and Japan?
      Are they being realistic and just showing what things would look like,
      or are they being deliberately titilating?

      Fantasy science fiction magazine Fantasy science fiction Science fiction movies Fantasy game Writing science fiction Science fiction