Manrico at the Met photos

  • Kay
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 8, 2008
      A wonderful photo of Marcelo as Manrico decorates the cover of the Met
      Opera Broadcast guide. There is another photo inside but it is badly
      cropped, with the top of his head cut off. I uploaded both pictures in
      a new Il Trovatore folder.

      I was delighted to see that they are showing Marcelo now as Manrico,
      and I love how he looks in that vest!

      Kay
    • Christine
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 8, 2008
        Hi Kay,

        yesterday I asked Olga if you are okay as we haven't heard so long
        from you!

        Re the photos which you uploaded:
        I have seen Marcelo in all productions of Trovatore which he sang
        until now (Parma and London which were the same productions and
        Zürich) and he never wore such a vest. I don't know this vest at all
        and wonder in what production he could have worn this, for sure we
        have no video of it.

        Christine

        --- In fansofmarceloalvarez@yahoogroups.com, "Kay" <kay3914@...>
        wrote:

        > A wonderful photo of Marcelo as Manrico decorates the cover of the
        Met
        > Opera Broadcast guide. There is another photo inside but it is
        badly
        > cropped, with the top of his head cut off. I uploaded both pictures
        in
        > a new Il Trovatore folder.
        >
        > I was delighted to see that they are showing Marcelo now as
        Manrico,
        > and I love how he looks in that vest!
        >
        > Kay

      • Kay
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 9, 2008
          The costume Marcelo is wearing in the photos is presumably what he
          will wear in the Met's new Trovatore, or at least something similar
          to it.

          The subscription books that Met subscribers received all showed
          Salvatore Licitra, who was originally scheduled to sing Manrico,
          wearing the same, or a similar, outfit. (I scanned that photo and
          posted it, temporarily, in the Met Trovatore file.)

          So I was pleased to see the Met updated its mailing pieces with
          Marcelo's photos, looking very glamorous as Manrico, in the broadcast
          schedule.

          Kay

          --- In fansofmarceloalvarez@yahoogroups.com, "Christine"
          <christine_at_1999@...> wrote:

          > Hi Kay,
          >
          > yesterday I asked Olga if you are okay as we haven't heard so long
          > from you!
          >
          > Re the photos which you uploaded:
          > I have seen Marcelo in all productions of Trovatore which he sang
          > until now (Parma and London which were the same productions and
          > Zürich) and he never wore such a vest. I don't know this vest at
          all
          > and wonder in what production he could have worn this, for sure we
          > have no video of it.
          >
          > Christine
          >
          > --- In fansofmarceloalvarez@yahoogroups.com, "Kay" <kay3914@>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > A wonderful photo of Marcelo as Manrico decorates the cover of
          the
          > Met
          > > Opera Broadcast guide. There is another photo inside but it is
          > badly
          > > cropped, with the top of his head cut off. I uploaded both
          pictures
          > in
          > > a new Il Trovatore folder.
          > >
          > > I was delighted to see that they are showing Marcelo now as
          > Manrico,
          > > and I love how he looks in that vest!
          > >
          > > Kay

        • Christine
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 9, 2008
            Hi Kay,

            I am glad to hear that you feel fine again!

            wrote:

            > The costume Marcelo is wearing in the photos is presumably what he
            > will wear in the Met's new Trovatore, or at least something similar
            > to it.

            Of course, that should be the solution!

            > The subscription books that Met subscribers received all showed
            > Salvatore Licitra, who was originally scheduled to sing Manrico,
            > wearing the same, or a similar, outfit. (I scanned that photo and
            > posted it, temporarily, in the Met Trovatore file.)

            Now I think that all those photos are photomontages, especially the
            pic of Licitra looks like that. But you wouldn't believe it if you
            wouldn't know that Marcelo never wore such a vest.

            > So I was pleased to see the Met updated its mailing pieces with
            > Marcelo's photos, looking very glamorous as Manrico, in the
            > broadcast schedule.

            I love it that they replaced the photo!!!

            Christine