Files

  • random_placeholder
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 18, 2009
      Added the Completed fics masterlist, the list of Yahoo Groups that
      Asad kept, and a shorter list from the Azkaban thread. Crossover list
      still remains for me to do, and I'll probably get to it later today,
      once I'm done with the book I'm reading. (Jo Clayton's Maeve. 4th book
      of the Diadem Series.)

      I decided not to bother with the pairing lists, since they were much
      too chaotic, and most of the fics are either in the Completed fics
      list, or abandoned.

      Chris
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 18, 2009
        Thanks Chris, for doing all the work :)

        Tim

        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 18, 2009
          :D

          You're very welcome :) Plenty of work went into making the list, and
          it would have been a pity to lose it. Hopefully, people will still add
          to it.

          Who can edit posted files? Only the uploader, or all members? My
          experience with Yahoo groups is limited.

          Chris

          On Sun, Jan 18, 2009 at 12:50 PM, Tim Joy <jeconais@...> wrote:
          > Thanks Chris, for doing all the work :)
          >
          > Tim
          >
          > On Sun, Jan 18, 2009 at 9:27 AM, random_placeholder
          > <chris050987@...> wrote:
          >> Added the Completed fics masterlist, the list of Yahoo Groups that
          >> Asad kept, and a shorter list from the Azkaban thread. Crossover list
          >> still remains for me to do, and I'll probably get to it later today,
          >> once I'm done with the book I'm reading. (Jo Clayton's Maeve. 4th book
          >> of the Diadem Series.)
          >>
          >> I decided not to bother with the pairing lists, since they were much
          >> too chaotic, and most of the fics are either in the Completed fics
          >> list, or abandoned.
          >>
          >> Chris

          Ooh, shiny!
          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 18, 2009
            I have no idea at all ... Do you want other people to be able to edit?

            T.

            Message 5 of 11 , Jan 18, 2009
              Well, it would be better if only one, or maybe two people could change
              the files. That way there is some control over what is added. So the
              guidelines of the list are still met and there is less chance of fics
              being added twice.

              If I'm the only one who can edit those, I can keep up with the lists.

              Chris

              On Sun, Jan 18, 2009 at 1:03 PM, Tim Joy <jeconais@...> wrote:
              > I have no idea at all ... Do you want other people to be able to edit?
              >
              > T.
              >
              > On Sun, Jan 18, 2009 at 10:56 AM, Chris P <chris050987@...> wrote:
              >> :D
              >>
              >> You're very welcome :) Plenty of work went into making the list, and
              >> it would have been a pity to lose it. Hopefully, people will still add
              >> to it.
              >>
              >> Who can edit posted files? Only the uploader, or all members? My
              >> experience with Yahoo groups is limited.
              >>
              >> Chris
              >>
              >> On Sun, Jan 18, 2009 at 12:50 PM, Tim Joy <jeconais@...> wrote:
              >>> Thanks Chris, for doing all the work :)
              >>>
              >>> Tim

              >> --
              >> Ooh, shiny!

              Ooh, shiny!
              Message 6 of 11 , Jan 18, 2009
                Done - can restrict it to Moderators, so I made you (and Asad) limited
                mods and banned others from touching it.

                T.

                Message 7 of 11 , Jan 18, 2009
                  Okay, thanks :)

                  Chris

                  On Sun, Jan 18, 2009 at 2:26 PM, Tim Joy <jeconais@...> wrote:
                  > Done - can restrict it to Moderators, so I made you (and Asad) limited
                  > mods and banned others from touching it.
                  >
                  > T.
                  >
                  > On Sun, Jan 18, 2009 at 11:21 AM, Chris P <chris050987@...> wrote:
                  >> Well, it would be better if only one, or maybe two people could change
                  >> the files. That way there is some control over what is added. So the
                  >> guidelines of the list are still met and there is less chance of fics
                  >> being added twice.
                  >>
                  >> If I'm the only one who can edit those, I can keep up with the lists.
                  >>
                  >> Chris
                  >>
                  >> On Sun, Jan 18, 2009 at 1:03 PM, Tim Joy <jeconais@...> wrote:
                  >>> I have no idea at all ... Do you want other people to be able to edit?
                  >>>
                  >>> T.

                  >> --
                  >> Ooh, shiny!

                  Ooh, shiny!
                • Asad Asif
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jan 18, 2009
                    --- In fanficauthors@yahoogroups.com, "random_placeholder"
                    <chris050987@...> wrote:

                    > Added the Completed fics masterlist, the list of Yahoo Groups that
                    > Asad kept, and a shorter list from the Azkaban thread. Crossover list
                    > still remains for me to do, and I'll probably get to it later today,
                    > once I'm done with the book I'm reading. (Jo Clayton's Maeve. 4th book
                    > of the Diadem Series.)
                    >
                    > I decided not to bother with the pairing lists, since they were much
                    > too chaotic, and most of the fics are either in the Completed fics
                    > list, or abandoned.
                    >
                    > Chris

                    Thanks Chris! :)

                    I was playing around earlier with the Database section for possibly
                    continuing the Updated Fics and Completed Fics threads but the display
                    format is pretty twisted unless each field is entered manually but
                    that would take too much time for whoever adds records.

                    It's either that or the general mailing list but the latter will
                    clutter up mailboxes of people who might not want those updates.

                    Asad.
                  • Meg
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jan 18, 2009
                      Chris or Asad,

                      I have the canon dictionary, if either of you would like to add it to
                      the files section. :)

                      Meg

                      Message 10 of 11 , Jan 19, 2009
                        Sure, if you email it over I'll upload it.

                        Chris

                        On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 12:31 AM, Meg <celticmeg@...> wrote:
                        > Chris or Asad,
                        >
                        > I have the canon dictionary, if either of you would like to add it to
                        > the files section. :)
                        >
                        > Meg
                        >
                        > --- In fanficauthors@yahoogroups.com, "random_placeholder"
                        > <chris050987@...> wrote:
                        >>
                        >> Added the Completed fics masterlist, the list of Yahoo Groups that
                        >> Asad kept, and a shorter list from the Azkaban thread. Crossover list
                        >> still remains for me to do, and I'll probably get to it later today,
                        >> once I'm done with the book I'm reading. (Jo Clayton's Maeve. 4th book
                        >> of the Diadem Series.)
                        >>
                        >> I decided not to bother with the pairing lists, since they were much
                        >> too chaotic, and most of the fics are either in the Completed fics
                        >> list, or abandoned.
                        >>
                        >> Chris

                        Ooh, shiny!
                      • Asad Asif
                        Message 11 of 11 , Jan 19, 2009
                          --- In fanficauthors@yahoogroups.com, "Meg" <celticmeg@...> wrote:

                          > Chris or Asad,
                          >
                          > I have the canon dictionary, if either of you would like to add it to
                          > the files section. :)
                          >
                          > Meg

                          Sure. Send it over to either of us and it will be uploaded.

                          Asad.