Re: All good things must come to an end

  • blueorion08
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 1, 2009
      --- In fanficauthors@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Skoglund" <full_pensieve@...> wrote:

      Our best wishes and prayers will be with you. I've enjoyed reading your stories and regret any time that i failed to review.
    • cuciorcolo
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 4, 2009
        Ah, that's truly, genuinely sad. And darn good things they were, too. The pleasure was ours, Mr. FP, thanks for all the fish. It was a blast while it lasted.

        Best wishes and good luck with everything. Pulling for you from sunny Spain.

        Cucio
      • thekwp
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 5, 2009
          --- In fanficauthors@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Skoglund" <full_pensieve@...> wrote:

          > My long-time illness has officially returned, although it's been pretty obvious for a while now. I will be focusing on treatment, family and what work I can manage over the next several months. Writing in general, and fanfiction in particular, is one of the things I'll be putting away. I do not expect that I will be returning to fanfiction.

          Though I do not know the details, I am most sorry to hear that you are having such difficulties. I hope the best for you, and wish you and your family strength and comfort in what is obviously a very difficult time.

          While I will regret not having the chance to follow your stories to the end, I fully support the idea that in difficult times, you are best spending your time and energy with family and the priorities you set. I - and many others I am sure - would love to see the outline of where you were going if that were an option, but please bother only if that is convenient for you.

          I have deeply enjoyed the work you have created, and found many hours of enjoyment reading your work. I apologize for not sending you a word of gratitude earlier. Thanks for all the time and effort, and thanks for sharing the fruits of your efforts with all of us.

          -Kevin
        • sam
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 7, 2009
            > --- In fanficauthors@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Skoglund" <full_pensieve@> wrote:
            > >
            > > My long-time illness has officially returned, although it's been pretty obvious for a while now. I will be focusing on treatment, family and what work I can manage over the next several months. Writing in general, and fanfiction in particular, is one of the things I'll be putting away. I do not expect that I will be returning to fanfiction.

            Having myself had to face the dreaded C word and force my self to walk through the doors of the Oncology department of my Hospital I empathise with you in having to face a relapse of whatever Illness you are now facing.
            A person with your talents will be missed in the fanfiction world
            The best of luck through the coming months
            Sam
            "N.I.D.C." - Short for Nil Illigitimus Desporunum Carborundum - Don't let the bastards grind you down !
          • C
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 18, 2009
              I am so sorry to hear that, I've enjoyed your writing very much, and will miss your stories. Hope things improve eventually.