All good things must come to an end

  • Mike Skoglund
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 23, 2009
      My long-time illness has officially returned, although it's been pretty obvious for a while now. I will be focusing on treatment, family and what work I can manage over the next several months. Writing in general, and fanfiction in particular, is one of the things I'll be putting away. I do not expect that I will be returning to fanfiction.

      I want to thank everyone who has taken the time to read my writing over the last five years, particularly those who have commented. More significantly, I want to thank Uibristol, Kokopelli, Tony, and others who have beta-read for me; and Uberwald, Toto, Iceman Legend, Dragon Voldemort, Meg and others who have hung out at the FP Chat Room to provide feedback, both literary and personal encouragement, and to just BS. Most importantly, I want to thank Perivayne, who has beta-read for me for nearly five years and has been there for me as a friend and confidant through some of the darkest moments of my life.

      My nephew will be posting my work-in-progress at FFA.net over the next few days (or whenever he gets to it - he is 20, after all - LOL). It will not have been beta-read. My work will remain archived at FFA.net for as long as Tim is kind enough to feature it.

      Warm regards,
      Mike [FP]
    • hawkdoc596
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 28, 2009
        Mike, I wish you all the best. I've enjoyed your writing and will miss is but your health and family are more important. Get well!

        Thank you,
      • blueorion08
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 1, 2009
          --- In fanficauthors@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Skoglund" <full_pensieve@...> wrote:

          Our best wishes and prayers will be with you. I've enjoyed reading your stories and regret any time that i failed to review.
        • cuciorcolo
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 4, 2009
            Ah, that's truly, genuinely sad. And darn good things they were, too. The pleasure was ours, Mr. FP, thanks for all the fish. It was a blast while it lasted.

            Best wishes and good luck with everything. Pulling for you from sunny Spain.

            Cucio
          • thekwp
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 5, 2009
              --- In fanficauthors@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Skoglund" <full_pensieve@...> wrote:

              > My long-time illness has officially returned, although it's been pretty obvious for a while now. I will be focusing on treatment, family and what work I can manage over the next several months. Writing in general, and fanfiction in particular, is one of the things I'll be putting away. I do not expect that I will be returning to fanfiction.

              Though I do not know the details, I am most sorry to hear that you are having such difficulties. I hope the best for you, and wish you and your family strength and comfort in what is obviously a very difficult time.

              While I will regret not having the chance to follow your stories to the end, I fully support the idea that in difficult times, you are best spending your time and energy with family and the priorities you set. I - and many others I am sure - would love to see the outline of where you were going if that were an option, but please bother only if that is convenient for you.

              I have deeply enjoyed the work you have created, and found many hours of enjoyment reading your work. I apologize for not sending you a word of gratitude earlier. Thanks for all the time and effort, and thanks for sharing the fruits of your efforts with all of us.

              -Kevin
            • sam
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 7, 2009
                > --- In fanficauthors@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Skoglund" <full_pensieve@> wrote:
                > >
                > > My long-time illness has officially returned, although it's been pretty obvious for a while now. I will be focusing on treatment, family and what work I can manage over the next several months. Writing in general, and fanfiction in particular, is one of the things I'll be putting away. I do not expect that I will be returning to fanfiction.

                Having myself had to face the dreaded C word and force my self to walk through the doors of the Oncology department of my Hospital I empathise with you in having to face a relapse of whatever Illness you are now facing.
                A person with your talents will be missed in the fanfiction world
                The best of luck through the coming months
                Sam
                "N.I.D.C." - Short for Nil Illigitimus Desporunum Carborundum - Don't let the bastards grind you down !
              • C
                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 18, 2009
                  I am so sorry to hear that, I've enjoyed your writing very much, and will miss your stories. Hope things improve eventually.