Re: [fanficauthors] Jeconais story White Knight Gray Queen was just uploaded on fanfiction

  • Clell Harmon
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 11 11:56 AM
      On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 1:42 PM, Corin Wolfkin <corinwolfkin@...> wrote:

      Okay, but here's a question for you, Tim. I just went and looked and as of 14:30-sh EST, the moron has 22 reviews. 20 of them are blasting him for theft(including mine), but 2 of them are positive, of the "write more soon, this was really good" variety. Should you take this as a compliment, as the true author or simply ignore it? Just curious

      - I saw those too, and wondered just how someone could be a fan of HP fanfiction and have never run up against the premier Harry/Pansy story.

      --

      -- Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it will fall over.

      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 11 12:21 PM
        I think the big compliment is how many people do remember WK, GQ, and
        like the story enough to defend it.

        I certainly don't blame people who don't know about it. For a lot of
        people, fanfiction.net is the be-all and end-all of fanfiction. If
        it's not on there, it's simply not worth looking at. And you can see
        their point of view easily enough, I run a parochial little site
        because I disagree with fanfiction.net's terms and conditions*, so I
        can't expect any but the dedicated to find fanficauthors.net

        Tim

        * - and as a test bed for my own benefit, which is why I'm now testing
        a tablet/phone friendly revamp of the site