Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.
 

Re: [fanficauthors] Jeconais story White Knight Gray Queen was just uploaded on fanfiction

Expand Messages
  • Tim Joy
    Oh, I complained, what I meant was that I d not asked the person specifically what they were(n t) thinking... T.
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 11, 2013
      Oh, I complained, what I meant was that I'd not asked the person specifically what they were(n't) thinking...

      T.


      On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 4:30 PM, Tommy King <tumshie1960@...> wrote:
       

      The more complaints the quicker the Mods at ff.net act on it.


      Tommy

      British by birth, Scottish by the grace of God
      www.stopthetraffik.org

      Sent: Monday, 11 February 2013, 15:14

      Subject: Re: [fanficauthors] Jeconais story White Knight Gray Queen was just uploaded on fanfiction

       
      I did think about asking.

      But, you know, feeding the trolls and all that.

      T.




    • Corin Wolfkin
      Okay, but here s a question for you, Tim. I just went and looked and as of 14:30-sh EST, the moron has 22 reviews. 20 of them are blasting him for
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 11, 2013
        Okay, but here's a question for you, Tim. I just went and looked and as of 14:30-sh EST, the moron has 22 reviews. 20 of them are blasting him for theft(including mine), but 2 of them are positive, of the "write more soon, this was really good" variety. Should you take this as a compliment, as the true author or simply ignore it? Just curious
         
        Wolfkin


        From: Tim Joy <jeconais@...>
        To: fanficauthors@yahoogroups.com
        Sent: Monday, February 11, 2013 2:18 PM
        Subject: Re: [fanficauthors] Jeconais story White Knight Gray Queen was just uploaded on fanfiction

         
        Oh, I complained, what I meant was that I'd not asked the person specifically what they were(n't) thinking...

        T.


        On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 4:30 PM, Tommy King <tumshie1960@...> wrote:
         
        The more complaints the quicker the Mods at ff.net act on it.


        Tommy

        British by birth, Scottish by the grace of God
        www.stopthetraffik.org

        Sent: Monday, 11 February 2013, 15:14

        Subject: Re: [fanficauthors] Jeconais story White Knight Gray Queen was just uploaded on fanfiction

         
        I did think about asking.

        But, you know, feeding the trolls and all that.

        T.






      • Clell Harmon
        ... - I saw those too, and wondered just how someone could be a fan of HP fanfiction and have never run up against the premier Harry/Pansy story. ... -- Fudd s
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 11, 2013
          On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 1:42 PM, Corin Wolfkin <corinwolfkin@...> wrote:
           

          Okay, but here's a question for you, Tim. I just went and looked and as of 14:30-sh EST, the moron has 22 reviews. 20 of them are blasting him for theft(including mine), but 2 of them are positive, of the "write more soon, this was really good" variety. Should you take this as a compliment, as the true author or simply ignore it? Just curious
           

           
          - I saw those too, and wondered just how someone could be a fan of HP fanfiction and have never run up against the premier Harry/Pansy story.
           
           
           
           
          --

          -- Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it will fall over.



        • Tim Joy
          I think the big compliment is how many people do remember WK, GQ, and like the story enough to defend it. I certainly don t blame people who don t know about
          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 11, 2013
            I think the big compliment is how many people do remember WK, GQ, and
            like the story enough to defend it.

            I certainly don't blame people who don't know about it. For a lot of
            people, fanfiction.net is the be-all and end-all of fanfiction. If
            it's not on there, it's simply not worth looking at. And you can see
            their point of view easily enough, I run a parochial little site
            because I disagree with fanfiction.net's terms and conditions*, so I
            can't expect any but the dedicated to find fanficauthors.net

            Tim

            * - and as a test bed for my own benefit, which is why I'm now testing
            a tablet/phone friendly revamp of the site

            On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 7:56 PM, Clell Harmon <clell65619@...> wrote:
            >
            >
            >
            >
            > On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 1:42 PM, Corin Wolfkin <corinwolfkin@...>
            > wrote:
            >>
            >>
            >>
            >> Okay, but here's a question for you, Tim. I just went and looked and as of
            >> 14:30-sh EST, the moron has 22 reviews. 20 of them are blasting him for
            >> theft(including mine), but 2 of them are positive, of the "write more soon,
            >> this was really good" variety. Should you take this as a compliment, as the
            >> true author or simply ignore it? Just curious
            >>
            >
            >
            > - I saw those too, and wondered just how someone could be a fan of HP
            > fanfiction and have never run up against the premier Harry/Pansy story.
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >>
            >> --
            >
            > -- Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it
            > will fall over.
            >
            >
            >
            >
          Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.