Re: [fanficauthors] Jeconais story White Knight Gray Queen was just uploaded on fanfiction

  • Tommy King
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 11, 2013
      The more complaints the quicker the Mods at ff.net act on it.

      Tommy

      British by birth, Scottish by the grace of God
      www.stopthetraffik.org

      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 11, 2013
        Besides, not like any answer he gives would make any logical sense.

        Still there as of 12:30 US Eastern time.

        - Crys

        Crys's Scribblings:
        http://crys.fanficauthors.net/

        But, you know, feeding the trolls and all that.

          Sent: Monday, 11 February 2013, 15:14

          I did think about asking.

          But, you know, feeding the trolls and all that.

          T.

        • Corin Wolfkin
          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 11, 2013
            Okay, but here's a question for you, Tim. I just went and looked and as of 14:30-sh EST, the moron has 22 reviews. 20 of them are blasting him for theft(including mine), but 2 of them are positive, of the "write more soon, this was really good" variety. Should you take this as a compliment, as the true author or simply ignore it? Just curious

            Wolfkin

            Sent: Monday, 11 February 2013, 15:14

            I did think about asking.

            But, you know, feeding the trolls and all that.

            T.

          • Clell Harmon
            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 11, 2013
              On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 1:42 PM, Corin Wolfkin <corinwolfkin@...> wrote:

              Okay, but here's a question for you, Tim. I just went and looked and as of 14:30-sh EST, the moron has 22 reviews. 20 of them are blasting him for theft(including mine), but 2 of them are positive, of the "write more soon, this was really good" variety. Should you take this as a compliment, as the true author or simply ignore it? Just curious

              - I saw those too, and wondered just how someone could be a fan of HP fanfiction and have never run up against the premier Harry/Pansy story.

              --

              -- Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it will fall over.

              Message 6 of 11 , Feb 11, 2013
                I think the big compliment is how many people do remember WK, GQ, and
                like the story enough to defend it.

                I certainly don't blame people who don't know about it. For a lot of
                people, fanfiction.net is the be-all and end-all of fanfiction. If
                it's not on there, it's simply not worth looking at. And you can see
                their point of view easily enough, I run a parochial little site
                because I disagree with fanfiction.net's terms and conditions*, so I
                can't expect any but the dedicated to find fanficauthors.net

                Tim

                * - and as a test bed for my own benefit, which is why I'm now testing
                a tablet/phone friendly revamp of the site