Re: [fanficauthors] Jeconais story White Knight Gray Queen was just uploaded on fanfiction

    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 11, 2013
      I did think about asking.

      But, you know, feeding the trolls and all that.

      T.

      On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 3:03 PM, grenouille <grenouille7777@...> wrote:

      Done -- gladly.

      You gotta wonder about the stupidity of someone when they try to steal one of the best-known fics around.

      Mike

      At 02:09 AM 2/11/2013, you wrote:

      I've also reported it, join in everyone, here's the thief's page http://www.fanfiction.net/u/4537823/slyharry

      The worst that can happen under monarchy is rule by a single imbecile, but democracy often means the rule by an assembly of three or four hundred imbeciles.   ~Robert Anton Wilson

    • Tommy King
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 11, 2013
        The more complaints the quicker the Mods at ff.net act on it.

        Tommy

        British by birth, Scottish by the grace of God
        www.stopthetraffik.org

        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 11, 2013
          Besides, not like any answer he gives would make any logical sense.

          Still there as of 12:30 US Eastern time.

          - Crys

          Crys's Scribblings:
          http://crys.fanficauthors.net/

          But, you know, feeding the trolls and all that.

            Sent: Monday, 11 February 2013, 15:14

            I did think about asking.

            But, you know, feeding the trolls and all that.

            T.

          • Corin Wolfkin
            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 11, 2013
              Okay, but here's a question for you, Tim. I just went and looked and as of 14:30-sh EST, the moron has 22 reviews. 20 of them are blasting him for theft(including mine), but 2 of them are positive, of the "write more soon, this was really good" variety. Should you take this as a compliment, as the true author or simply ignore it? Just curious

              Wolfkin

              Sent: Monday, 11 February 2013, 15:14

              I did think about asking.

              But, you know, feeding the trolls and all that.

              T.

            • Clell Harmon
              Message 6 of 11 , Feb 11, 2013
                On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 1:42 PM, Corin Wolfkin <corinwolfkin@...> wrote:

                Okay, but here's a question for you, Tim. I just went and looked and as of 14:30-sh EST, the moron has 22 reviews. 20 of them are blasting him for theft(including mine), but 2 of them are positive, of the "write more soon, this was really good" variety. Should you take this as a compliment, as the true author or simply ignore it? Just curious

                - I saw those too, and wondered just how someone could be a fan of HP fanfiction and have never run up against the premier Harry/Pansy story.

                --

                -- Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it will fall over.

                Message 7 of 11 , Feb 11, 2013
                  I think the big compliment is how many people do remember WK, GQ, and
                  like the story enough to defend it.

                  I certainly don't blame people who don't know about it. For a lot of
                  people, fanfiction.net is the be-all and end-all of fanfiction. If
                  it's not on there, it's simply not worth looking at. And you can see
                  their point of view easily enough, I run a parochial little site
                  because I disagree with fanfiction.net's terms and conditions*, so I
                  can't expect any but the dedicated to find fanficauthors.net

                  Tim

                  * - and as a test bed for my own benefit, which is why I'm now testing
                  a tablet/phone friendly revamp of the site