Re: [fanficauthors] Jeconais story White Knight Gray Queen was just uploaded on fanfiction

  • Tommy King
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 11, 2013
      I've also reported it, join in everyone, here's the thief's page http://www.fanfiction.net/u/4537823/slyharry

      Tommy

      British by birth, Scottish by the grace of God
      www.stopthetraffik.org

      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 11, 2013
        Done -- gladly.

        You gotta wonder about the stupidity of someone when they try to steal one of the best-known fics around.

        Mike

        At 02:09 AM 2/11/2013, you wrote:

        I've also reported it, join in everyone, here's the thief's page http://www.fanfiction.net/u/4537823/slyharry

        The worst that can happen under monarchy is rule by a single imbecile, but democracy often means the rule by an assembly of three or four hundred imbeciles.   ~Robert Anton Wilson

          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 11, 2013
            The more complaints the quicker the Mods at ff.net act on it.

            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 11, 2013
              Besides, not like any answer he gives would make any logical sense.

              Still there as of 12:30 US Eastern time.

              - Crys

              Crys's Scribblings:
              http://crys.fanficauthors.net/

              But, you know, feeding the trolls and all that.

                Sent: Monday, 11 February 2013, 15:14

                I did think about asking.

                But, you know, feeding the trolls and all that.

                T.

              • Corin Wolfkin
                Message 7 of 11 , Feb 11, 2013
                  Okay, but here's a question for you, Tim. I just went and looked and as of 14:30-sh EST, the moron has 22 reviews. 20 of them are blasting him for theft(including mine), but 2 of them are positive, of the "write more soon, this was really good" variety. Should you take this as a compliment, as the true author or simply ignore it? Just curious

                  Wolfkin

                  Sent: Monday, 11 February 2013, 15:14

                  I did think about asking.

                  But, you know, feeding the trolls and all that.

                  T.

                • Clell Harmon
                  Message 8 of 11 , Feb 11, 2013
                    On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 1:42 PM, Corin Wolfkin <corinwolfkin@...> wrote:

                    Okay, but here's a question for you, Tim. I just went and looked and as of 14:30-sh EST, the moron has 22 reviews. 20 of them are blasting him for theft(including mine), but 2 of them are positive, of the "write more soon, this was really good" variety. Should you take this as a compliment, as the true author or simply ignore it? Just curious

                    - I saw those too, and wondered just how someone could be a fan of HP fanfiction and have never run up against the premier Harry/Pansy story.

                    --

                    -- Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it will fall over.

                    Message 9 of 11 , Feb 11, 2013
                      I think the big compliment is how many people do remember WK, GQ, and
                      like the story enough to defend it.

                      I certainly don't blame people who don't know about it. For a lot of
                      people, fanfiction.net is the be-all and end-all of fanfiction. If
                      it's not on there, it's simply not worth looking at. And you can see
                      their point of view easily enough, I run a parochial little site
                      because I disagree with fanfiction.net's terms and conditions*, so I
                      can't expect any but the dedicated to find fanficauthors.net

                      Tim

                      * - and as a test bed for my own benefit, which is why I'm now testing
                      a tablet/phone friendly revamp of the site