Jeconais story White Knight Gray Queen was just uploaded on fanfiction

  • helgundam
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 11, 2013
      I dont think that Jeconais is going the alis "slyharry"
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 11, 2013
        Nope.

        Thanks for letting me know.  I've reported it as abuse and hope it will come down soon.

        Cheers,

        Tim

        On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 8:23 AM, helgundam <helgundam@...> wrote:

        I dont think that Jeconais is going the alis "slyharry"

      • Tommy King
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 11, 2013
          I've also reported it, join in everyone, here's the thief's page http://www.fanfiction.net/u/4537823/slyharry

          Tommy

          British by birth, Scottish by the grace of God
          www.stopthetraffik.org

          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 11, 2013
            Done -- gladly.

            You gotta wonder about the stupidity of someone when they try to steal one of the best-known fics around.

            Mike

            At 02:09 AM 2/11/2013, you wrote:

            I've also reported it, join in everyone, here's the thief's page http://www.fanfiction.net/u/4537823/slyharry

            The worst that can happen under monarchy is rule by a single imbecile, but democracy often means the rule by an assembly of three or four hundred imbeciles.   ~Robert Anton Wilson

              Message 6 of 11 , Feb 11, 2013
                The more complaints the quicker the Mods at ff.net act on it.

                Message 7 of 11 , Feb 11, 2013
                  Besides, not like any answer he gives would make any logical sense.

                  Still there as of 12:30 US Eastern time.

                  - Crys

                  Crys's Scribblings:
                  http://crys.fanficauthors.net/

                  But, you know, feeding the trolls and all that.

                    Sent: Monday, 11 February 2013, 15:14

                    I did think about asking.

                    But, you know, feeding the trolls and all that.

                    T.

                  • Corin Wolfkin
                    Message 9 of 11 , Feb 11, 2013
                      Okay, but here's a question for you, Tim. I just went and looked and as of 14:30-sh EST, the moron has 22 reviews. 20 of them are blasting him for theft(including mine), but 2 of them are positive, of the "write more soon, this was really good" variety. Should you take this as a compliment, as the true author or simply ignore it? Just curious

                      Wolfkin

                      Sent: Monday, 11 February 2013, 15:14

                      I did think about asking.

                      But, you know, feeding the trolls and all that.

                      T.

                    • Clell Harmon
                      Message 10 of 11 , Feb 11, 2013
                        On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 1:42 PM, Corin Wolfkin <corinwolfkin@...> wrote:

                        Okay, but here's a question for you, Tim. I just went and looked and as of 14:30-sh EST, the moron has 22 reviews. 20 of them are blasting him for theft(including mine), but 2 of them are positive, of the "write more soon, this was really good" variety. Should you take this as a compliment, as the true author or simply ignore it? Just curious

                        - I saw those too, and wondered just how someone could be a fan of HP fanfiction and have never run up against the premier Harry/Pansy story.

                        --

                        -- Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it will fall over.

                        Message 11 of 11 , Feb 11, 2013
                          I think the big compliment is how many people do remember WK, GQ, and
                          like the story enough to defend it.

                          I certainly don't blame people who don't know about it. For a lot of
                          people, fanfiction.net is the be-all and end-all of fanfiction. If
                          it's not on there, it's simply not worth looking at. And you can see
                          their point of view easily enough, I run a parochial little site
                          because I disagree with fanfiction.net's terms and conditions*, so I
                          can't expect any but the dedicated to find fanficauthors.net

                          Tim

                          * - and as a test bed for my own benefit, which is why I'm now testing
                          a tablet/phone friendly revamp of the site